Old timer here

pammy157
on 3/29/06 9:07 am - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with
Hello all of you newbie Marchers. I am an old timer tomorrow on March 30 it will be my 2 year anniversary. One of the people in my group suggested a read of the surgery people from March 2006. My heart goes out to each of you. I rmember what it was like. I remember that first taste of a scrabled egg and only being able to eat 1/2 of it and feeling like I'd had a thanksgiving dinner. I also remember my 2 week after surgery doctors visit were I lost 25 pounds. I am now 2 years out and have lost 120 pounds. I was wearing a tight size 26 and now am wearing sizes 10, 8's and have a size 6 that I LOVE. My health is awesome. I can run up and down those same stairs that I was thinking I'd have to sell because my arthritis in my knees was so bad. And I can still breath and talk when I get to the top of those stairs. See what all of you have to look forward to? Iimagine doing some of the things you've always dreamed of but never been able to do. Imagine going kayaking for the first time. Imagine getting on a plane and not having to have a seat belt extender. Imagine not needing all those medications. Imagine meeting someone who hasn't seen you in a few months and you have to tell them who you are. Imagine looking in that mirror and finally loving you. Good luck and god bless to all of you. The next few days & weeks might be trying at times but stick to what your doctor tells you. You will do fine. Pam
jennb40
on 3/29/06 7:53 pm - Nashua, NH
Thanks for your post Pam...we all looking forward to where you are today and just waiting for all the good things to happen. All of us MARCHers will be such different people a year from now and for many years to come! You are an inspiration for all of us and we appreciate you checking in with us to give us a "peek" at what we have to look forward to. Best wishes to you....Barbara
pinkmommy
on 4/2/06 2:27 pm - Triangle Area, NC
Thank you, Pam! I needed that. ~Rondi~ VSG 3/27/06 Dr Jossart ~LapSF 254/249/144
thin2be
on 4/2/06 9:36 pm - Houston, TX
Hi, Pam, Stories like yours keep me going during the hard times. I was at a softball field all weekend, and it was hot and humid. I took a drink of water--too big, too fast, and I was in so much pain for over 1/2 an hour. People noticed and were worried, but I could hardly talk to them............ It does seem sometimes like I feel great--nothing done--other times that I wonder what the heck I've done to myself. Thanks for the encouraging words, and congratulations on your success! You look marvelous............ Phyllis
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views