how much protein in an egg?

miminjoey
on 3/29/06 12:44 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I have a thing in my fridge that holds egg so the carton goes to the trash....and never before did I need to know how much protein was in an egg, but now...Also...since I can have puree now, I made 1 egg with some cheddar chese on top...chewed it until it was like liquid...but was only able to eat half...is that normal? I am only 2 weeks post op. Mimi
headparrot
on 3/29/06 12:48 am - Ponca City, OK
Hey Mimi, Today was my first day on soft foods and I had an egg. I did some checking and it looks like a scrambled egg has 7 gms protein and 101 cals. Have you tried Fitday.com? It's terrific way to log in your foods and the nutrional values. Good luck Scott
miminjoey
on 3/29/06 2:00 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Thanks for the info Scott...and nope I have never even heard of Fitday.com....but I sure will check it out now!
timsdanni
on 3/29/06 11:35 am - Ft Stewart, GA
Mimi I am a few days ahead of you and I can only eat half an egg so just feed the rest to the dog my dogs are getting fat and my kids love protien shakes LOL I LOVE fitday.com as soon as I lose 50 pounds I get a new palm and then I will go back to dietpower b/c I can use it on the palm and the computer have you found the local online group yet? if not let me know and I will find the exact addy Danni
Jaydeez63
on 4/4/06 3:33 pm - CA
In my nutrition class today we were told the average egg is 7 grams of protein, 3.5 in the white and 3.5 in the yolk. The yolk is also where all the fat and cholestral is. I am still in the shakes only phase per my DR, but will be looking into the egg whites. This is probably too much information but I am determined to make new healthy habits after going through with this. A really awesome site is www.nutritiondata.com It will provide a list of foods for base you your search example; high protein, low fat, low carb and the such. I am scared about going to mushy foods because I don't seem to feel "full" doing the shakes and wonder if I will have that feeling soon. Jade
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views