issues going #2?

timsdanni
on 3/28/06 6:31 am - Ft Stewart, GA
this is driving me crazy - I have a hard time going #2 any suggestions? my surgoen did not give me stool softeners Danni
jennb40
on 3/28/06 6:44 am - Nashua, NH
Danni, I had my surgery on the 13th also...if you are on pureed foods yet, try some pinto beans and cheese side dish (10 gr protein and 1/2 cup or 4 oz.) from Taco Bell. Or try some fat free refried beans with some cheese. I had one of these for lunch one day and one for dinner the same day and let me tell you, by 2:00 a.m......I didn't need a stool softener!!!! A little too much beans I suspect, but it will solve the #2 problem I am betting!!!! Good luck, Barbara
timsdanni
on 3/28/06 8:43 am - Ft Stewart, GA
stoped on the way home from walmart and got 2 bowls of them - I can eat them 3 times a day for a while if it will help this issue thanks timsdanni
jennb40
on 3/28/06 7:55 pm - Nashua, NH
OH LORDY....if you eat them 3 times a day, I suspect you will need a "stool stopper" rather than stool softener!!!! You might be to the bathroom! Barbara
Joanna C.
on 3/30/06 8:58 am - Miami, FL
I'm hitting TACO BELL tomorrow! Would I find the refried beans in the taco section of the supermarket? I can't take much more of the MOM - it's repulsive to me, especially since my surgeon had me take it for 3 days, 3 times a day before surgery. Ugh! But I NEED HELP. I'll try anything. Thanks for the suggestions.
bettyc
on 3/28/06 7:15 am - Covington, LA
I had surgery on the 13th and have had no problems with a BM. I go regular every other day. So far so good. My doc's directions are if you don't go at least every 3 day take Milk of Magnesia. I a a friend who had lap band a couple of years ago and she takes the MOM everyday with her vits. Good luck. Be strong and positive--bj
miminjoey
on 3/28/06 9:22 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I am goin, but not like I should I've added some benefiber...not a lot don't want to be running to the bathroom...to my liquid yesterday hoping it will help, my son uses it. Mimi
timsdanni
on 3/29/06 12:15 am - Ft Stewart, GA
the beans helped!! I feel a lot more like myself today - between constipation for the first time in my life and aunt flo showing up I was miserable yesterday LOL better today - walking the boys to the park at 10 then dh will come and retreive us when he gets off for lunch at 11:30 if I go and do in the am I get to wiped out by lunch to walk home - grrr oh well we do have a working soluiton at least danni 372 pre op/334 today/170-180 goal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views