HELP!! BOWEL PREP QUESTION!!!!!!

Nancy V.
on 3/28/06 2:44 am - Wilmington, CA
Hey guys I hate to panic but to my Doc's orders I have to do bowel prep today, well I just threw up the stuff, about 60% of it. I tried to hold it down but after 4 days of broth & jello my stomach said no way!! Is there anything else i can take?? I've left a message with my doc's office, but i'm afraid they won't call back till noon, isn't that kinda late to re-take that stuff if my surgery is at 7:30am?? Please help!!! Thanks so much for your help! ~Nancy
Nadine O.
on 3/28/06 5:40 am - Baltimore, MD
I hope you've gotten a response from your Dr. If not, thier probably gonna want you to still do the bowel prep. Nadine O.
bettyc
on 3/28/06 6:00 am - Covington, LA
I can't help you my doc doesn't do a bowel prep. Just clear liquids the day before surgery.
Mama-of-3
on 3/28/06 6:31 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Nancy Poor you! That stuff is DISGUSTING for sure! Most doctors dont require a bowel prep so you may be okay as long as you didn't eat any solid foods recently,which sounds like you didn't with all that jello =). I hope you dont have to repeat it. I did it and it was misery. Yuck! Best of luck on your surgery. Have a speed recovery!! and by the way YOU and your children ARE VERY BEAUTIFUL!
Nancy V.
on 3/28/06 9:08 am - Wilmington, CA
Aww thanks Trish! I did have to repeat another bottle......Bit it will all be worth it a year from now Well see ya on the other side! ~Nancy
Tisha C.
on 3/28/06 11:10 am - Signal Hill, CA
I totally forgot to take it until I talked with my step-mom at 6PM tonight. She says, "OMGosh, you haven't done your bowel prep!?" and I was suddenly very nervous. After I hung up with her, I went back to my paperwork and it said that IF I'm prone to constipation I can do the bowel prep, otherwise the liquid diet will help me anyway. So, there you go - I have been doing perfectly fine with my bowel movements, thank you very much. lol! Good luck tomorrow, Nancy. I'm about 6 hours behind you tomorrow. ~Tisha
Nancy V.
on 3/28/06 2:18 pm - Wilmington, CA
Well I ended up talking to my Doc's office and they made me go get another bottle and chug it too. That stuff was so gross that I didn't eat anything all day bu****er for the fear of throwing uo again. Well good luck to you on your surgery as well, how cool we're surgery sisters and live not too far away from one another! Look forward to keeping in touch!! ~Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views