MARCHERS What do you "eat"

bettyc
on 3/28/06 2:33 am - Covington, LA
Please respond with the week you are in--I am in week three --and what are you eating. I need ideas. I can have protein drinks, liquids, and a few other things. I ate gumbo last night without rice and the the meat and solid stuff. It was fab! I have tried thinned refried beans--sort of bean soup and it too went down well. I need ideas for purreed stage. Be strong and positive--bj
Darlene X
on 3/28/06 3:41 am - Maricopa, AZ
Im 8 days out, so Im just on full liquids (Brother, jello, pudding, creamed soups etc UGH) I cant wait till I get to start pureeds next week!!! Ummm ideas for pureeds... (This is the kind of stuff my surgeon allows) Refried beans w/ cheese, salsa/hot sauce & sour cream. Tuna/Chicken/Egg Salad. Wendys Chili (Ive heard lots of people find it nice and easy to eat and its good blended) Seafood chowders.
Nadine O.
on 3/28/06 5:36 am - Baltimore, MD
I'm 3 1/2 weeks out now. I heard the Wendy's chili is good also. So far I've eaten canned salmon, lima beans, a bit of very moist teriyaki chicken, yogart, jello, cream of wheat and cheese and that's about it. I had to lay off the cheese though. Next week I plan to try some steamed veggies. Take Care Nadine O.
timsdanni
on 3/28/06 6:30 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I am 2 1/2 weeks out - I have had soft scrambed eggs, lots of cream soups (homemade all milk no water plus cream chese melted in) refried beans, a bite of chicken dumplings with out the dumpling, some poached chicken that was very tender and cut up, the filing out of a frozen burittos, cottage cheese and today a whole wheat cracker wtih mustard, thin sliced tomatoe and ff cheese. getting better by the day timsDanni
jennb40
on 3/28/06 6:40 am - Nashua, NH
Hi Betty...my nutritionist wants me to get in 70-80 grams of protein a day. If eggs don't do good...she suggested 2 tablespoons of natural creamy peanut butter mashed together with 1 tablespoon of banana...you get 8 grams with this (yum-yum!). I took 3 oz of cooked, drained hamburger (leanest you can get) and mixed it with a tablespoon of fat free refried beans, mixed with a little no sugar tomatoe sauce and topped it with mozzarella cheese...yum it was good! Tuna squshed really good with low fat/fat fee mayonnaise mixed in is pretty good. I have had 4 oz. of haddock, squshed really good with lemon squeezed on it. She also suggested pinto beans and cheese from Taco Bell (10 gr of protein) and it is smushed enough to not have to puree! I have tried all of the above and it has all settled well. Those are my pureed food and I am starting week 3. Just some ideas...good luck...Barbara
Mary M.
on 3/28/06 11:01 am - Livonia, MI
I have been on the full liquids for the past week, sf puddings, cottage cheese blended, cream soups strained, cream of wheat, protein drinks, and milk. Starting tomorrow I can have pureed but my doc doesn't want me to have any meats until the next week. I am looking forward to the scrambled egg. And something I can chew, besides my chewable multivitamin. Please share more pureed ideas. I like that hamb, tomatoe and cheese one. I will try it. Thanks. Mary
jennl
on 3/28/06 11:57 pm - hampton, VA
We had ours the same day. I have a boiled egg,egg salad or 1/4 cup cottage cheese for breakfast. 1 oz Tuna or chiken salad for lunch and dinner. 2 or 3 protein drinks a day and once a day I have 2 or 3 baked doritos. For liquids I have sf jello or popsicles. Jenn
rowEn
on 3/29/06 12:21 am - Huntsville, AL
I am just past three weeks out. My surgeon doesn't believe in the protein shakes, so I'm pretty much allowed to eat what I want, as long as I follow the "protein first, veggies second" rule. I've had things like very moist chicken, meatballs, the canned chicken spread. He told me on Monday that as long as I wasn't in pain when eating something, I could pretty much have what I want (within reason, of course). He suggested holding off on steaks and pork chops for another month or so, mainly because they tend to be a little drier than other meats. Tonight I'm having shrimp and grits for dinner
miminjoey
on 3/29/06 8:15 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I am 2 weeks out today...so far I have had a scrambled egg with cheese on top ( only ate half though) and egg drop soup. I think I might try refriend beans for dinner since I can have purees now. not much help huh
Joanna C.
on 3/29/06 11:41 pm - Miami, FL
Hi Betty Jo and MARCHERS, My surgery was on the 14th. I'm eating: * scrambled eggs with cheese and deli ham (about half of one serving) * cottage cheese with "no sugar added" strawberry preserves * EAS AdvantEdge Lo Carb Protein Shakes - they taste like McD's milkshakes! * Canned tuna and chicken breast * Tilapia "breaded" with grated parmessan cheese __________________________________________________________ * Homemade Split Pea Porridge - 1 thin sirloin steak, 1 bag of baby carrots, 1 bell pepper, 1 onion, 4 large chunks of pumpkin or squash, 1 bag of split peas, salt/pepper to taste and enough water to cover the contents in the pot - bring to boil and simmer together until the peas practically disolve from stirring the pot. Take the steak out and put it in the food processor, then toss it back into the pot. The veggies are so soft they melt in your mouth (except the bell pepper) DELICIOUS!!! _________________________________________________________ * Homemade vegetable pureed soup - 1 bag of mixed veggies (I like broccoli, zuchini, carrots, cauliflower), as much meat or poultry as you like, salt/peper to taste, enough water to cover the contents - bring everything to a boil, then simmer until the veggies are soft. Put the whole thing in the blender (restrict the amount of "broth" for a more thickened soup). Excellent! _________________________________________________________ * Wheat Bread that I found with Double the Fiber! * Fresh strawberries with Sugar Free Cool Whip * S/F Jello Pudding * Skim milk with International Foods S/F French Vanilla Cafe - delish! I've also copied many of the recipes in the recipe forum and tried a few, like the zuchini fries and the mock mashed potatoes - good stuff!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views