Incision infection - 12 days post op

Patti
on 3/27/06 3:28 pm - Saint Paul, MN
Hello All! It's 1:15 a.m. and my hubby and I just returned from the emergency room. My incision began leaking at home and was red. They had to cut part of the incision open, drain the fluid that was building up and pack it. It will now have to be repacked twice a day for two weeks! It was not a very fun experience, but I'm glad I got in when I did or they would have had to open more of the incision. Has this happened to anyone else? I was so hoping I wouldn't have any post-op complications like this. Some of that pressure I wrote about a couple days ago had to do with the fluid build up. Thank you for the opportunity to whine a little this early a.m. -- I'll get off my pity platform now and try and get some sleep Thank you for listening and I hope that you all are experiencing complication-free recoveries!! Goodnight Patti
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/27/06 6:58 pm - My Town, NH
Patti, I'm so sorry about your infection. Not fun at all! I am glad, however, that you went to the ER when you did. It sounds as if it could have been worse. It's a great reminder to all of us to pay attention to our bodies. Rest well and I hope you feel better very soon. - Stephanie
timsdanni
on 3/28/06 6:25 am - Ft Stewart, GA
yep I had my surgery 13 mar and am dealing with a wound infection now have been for a week - we are having to pack it. my advise is take your pain meds 30 mins before you have to pack it I am soooo sorry this happened to you - and to me too hugs danni
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views