Hi all, 6 days post op and feeling great.

Rick A.
on 3/26/06 11:46 am - Far Northern, CA
My surgery on the 20th was quite uneventful. Thank God. I had almost no pain and no complications. My sugery lasted and hour and 20 minutes. I was off pain meds by the 2nd day and walking 25 laps around the surgical ward four times a day. I was released on the third morning and walked four miles the next day. I can't tell you all how well I feel. I hope the best for everyone else that is still on this journey to a new you. If you are interested in the specifics you can check out my profile. Thank you one and all for the support I have received here. Rick :>) 339, 298, 196 (start of journey, one week pre-op, goal) 5'8"
Patti
on 3/26/06 12:01 pm - Saint Paul, MN
Congratulations, Rick, on the beginnings of what seems to be a very smooth recovery for you! I can't believe all the walking you are able to do! You must have had Lap RNY -- I had open and, though I did walk in the hospital --- it was back and forth to the nurses' station - about all I could handle. Today - 11 days post-op - I was finally able to walk 3-1/2 blocks outdoors! Whew! You will do great! Best wishes on your journey! Patti
reenee
on 3/26/06 1:24 pm - Bay Area, CA
What an encouraging message! I am 2 days pre-op and was getting quite nervous since I hear more horror stories than anything else. Hope your success continues!
BabyRuth2u
on 3/26/06 9:29 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Carolyn, best wishes for your upcoming surgery. Hope it goes as well as this gentlemans seemed to and as mine did. I had my surgery on Friday the 24th. The stomach pain was minimal, I was up and walking in no time and I feel great. I'd have to say the worst thing was when they were waking me up in the recovery room because they had the tube down my throat still and a mask over my face which I dont like covering my face. So I was anxious to get that out, they just told me a few times to take some deeper breaths it would be out in a sec, and it was. But other than that all has been well so far. Even first drinking water etc, took tiny sips and all has gone well, no nausea or vomitting. There are risks, side effects etc, there's no way of telling who will or who won't have them. I know all the posts you see can and do scare one. But I always try to remember something a friend said. She mentioned that you rarely hear when things are going fine and dandy, its when someone has a problem that you see postings with problems and questions about them. So that is the majority of posts you will see, so it does make it look really bad and scarey. Hope that helps a little. I hope I continue to do well as I have as I move along this journey. I've made it this far doing good. But I do still have the concern of whether something will happen along the way. I'm just going to do what I'm told by my surgeon, eat what I'm suppose to, not push things too soon etc and hope that will help avoid some possible things. Again best of luck for a speedy and easy recovery for you. RuthAnn
headparrot
on 3/27/06 12:15 am - Ponca City, OK
Hey Rick, Congrats on the speedy recovery. I am 12 days post-op and doing well. Seems like you are doing great with the walking...just don't overdo it. Did you know there is a message board just for men here at obesity help? It's a great group of guys with a lot of information....check it out. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/men/ Good luck with the weight loss.! Scott
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views