pain

all_of_me
on 3/25/06 11:45 pm - Cincinnati, OH
i'm 3 days post op and this is probably the worst pain of my life considering i've never had children.
jamey0509
on 3/26/06 12:38 am - Charlotte, NC
Hmmm...maybe you should call your doctor...I'm 5 days post-op and can't say I've been in any pain...I haven't had pain medicine since the second day after surgery and the only thing that is the least bit uncomfortable is the drainage hole and that is only when I strain my left side....
Mama-of-3
on 3/26/06 1:01 am - Philadelphia area, PA
I feel your pain!! up until yesterday I had tons of pain. Maybe we are slow healers. Today I feel GREAT! Maybe day 10 is the magic day. Hang in there! Trish
timsdanni
on 3/26/06 6:35 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I would suggest calling your doctor and asking for differnt pain meds - I did horribly on the first 2 in the hospital and but bless them my docs kept changing them till we hit something that HELPED. are you walking? I know it sucks and sounds nutso but if you will get up and walk as up right as you can it will help the pain hurry up and go away I know this from 2 c secs. the first 12 years ago I was told just rest it iwll get better honey. the second I was gotton up and walked with in hours of having the baby. I had the same amount of pain!! the DIFFERNCE was I had pain for 3 weeks (not walking) vs 3 DAYS walking. this is true in all surgerys - I am a get it over person hope this helps danni
robinsaxton
on 3/26/06 10:43 pm - Columbia, MD
All of me, I had lots of pain too. I had a drain tube that was irriating my pancreas. Also, I was dehydrated since the pain just kept me from wanting to drink. Dehydration can cause severe cramping. I would talk to the dr. I will be praying that you'll be better soon. I had to be readmitted and get some fluids into me. Once that tube came out and I could drink without pain I was fine. Still pretty tired but no pain. God Bless, Love, Robin S.
all_of_me
on 3/26/06 10:58 pm - Cincinnati, OH
i don't have a drainage thing. and i think it's mostly gas still but i will call doc.
lyly
on 3/27/06 1:19 am - Plainfield, NJ
I think what you are experiencing is normal. It exactly 1 week before I felt like a person again. Its almost 2 weeks still have a little pain with the one incision but still in all I am still functioning and doing what needs to be done. If pain persist call you surgeon. Good luck -Lynn
Michelle M.
on 3/27/06 5:31 am
It's a few days later, are you feeling better?
LadyPI
on 3/29/06 6:58 am - Jackson, TN
I'm 8 days post-op. When I was 3 days post-op I was still in the hospital and absolutely miserable! I didn't want to walk and my stomach and abdomen were excruciating! I had 2 initial drains and then went home with 1 drain. That long drain was really irritating. ANY TIME I moved and used my stomach muscles the pain hit. Getting up and down from chair, walking, stooping, etc. I have slept in my recliner every night because I can't lay myself down on the bed or get out of the bed without help. I am told that the muscles and tissues in your stomach have been extermely disturbed and traumatized and bruised. The area is swollen and it will take time for the internal bruising to go down. It's like being hit by a truck- seriously. I don't understand how some of these members are up and walking with little or no pain just hours after surgery. It blows my mind. I tried 3 pain meds and nothing would ease the pain. I feel for you, dear. I'm still hurting but it gets less and less each day. I still have not driven a car or gone outside. I hope that in the next few days I will feel like getting out. Heck, I wasn't a walker BEFORE this major surgery. It will take a long time until I'm walking laps. Note to self: Before having any further elective surgery, be in TOP physical condition and it will go a lot better.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views