Ok--- 5 days Post Op now...

Darlene X
on 3/24/06 11:30 am - Maricopa, AZ
Im feeling a little better than Day 3... yup it is slowly getting better. Its much easier to bend and sit up today. Im still feeling pretty crappy overall, but things are slowly getting better. Water hurts so bad!!! And all juices are too sweet, even if just a little juice is mixed with water to soften it--- someone suggested to me putting a slice of cucumber in the water, it's supposed to help so maybe I'll try that! Ive found the only liquid that doesnt hurt me is milk, I can drink about 8oz in 15 minutes. I tried some yogurt and a little soup today--- so far so good. I miss cheese so much! hahaha Ive lost 18lbs since surgery, my fingers, toes and ankles are all looking thinner from losing the water weight and bloating. Im hoping after the weekend I'll be feeling much better. I cant stay at the internet more than about 15 minutes, so when I have a little mor eenergy I will post a big long surgery update and go into my whole experience in detail. Just wanted to say Hi.... How is everyone else... any good tips on getting liquids in? I could really use some! Darlene Me: 338/320/175 EJ: 520/353/200
~ Stylz ~
on 3/24/06 2:40 pm - North of Boston, MA
try drinking room temp water. some people have a problem with cold water at first. good luck with everything, stay positive it will get better
bettyc
on 3/24/06 8:00 pm - Covington, LA
Fruit 2O flavored waters were what worked for me. Water tasted minerally. Good luck bj
viva
on 3/26/06 7:02 am - Somewhere, MI
Darlene, My surgery was Monday and I'm really feeling good. The health program I'm on is for everyone that uses MMPC. They start you out with Protein liquids (It is there products) and water on the 4 day they want you on 4 protein packages plus sipping water all day. I could hardly get one down on the third day and now I'm 6 days out and I can get almost 4 proteins and 2 cups of water a day. I need to work on the water. My goal is to start soft foods on my third week after surgery. I know every ones surgery is different and how our doctor try to get us on the right track. I hope each day for you will make you stronger and healthier. You are on the losing side of the mountain. Keep up the good work. Viva
robinsaxton
on 3/26/06 11:01 pm - Columbia, MD
Hi darlene, I hear your cries my friend! I was not one of those that came out of surgery feeling great. I haven't had much energy and I had A LOT of pain the first week. I was readmitted for dehydration at 6 days out. Still, I am now feeling better and able to get my fluids in. I have to drink slowly, just sipping. I use a sport bottle so that I can get just enough into my mouth. I try to get in two 24 oz bottles a day. Mostly I get 1 1/2. I do crystal lite and decaf tea with splenda sometimes too. My dr said that was fine. I hope the energy returns soon. I have to go back to work next week. I can only go for about 30 mins before i have to rest. I can't stand protein powders and drinks. I am trying to get some slimfast high protein shake in today. I am already on pureed foods so hopefully that'll help me get more protein in too. Well, gotta run. I haven't had breakfast yet today and I can tell. Take care. Keep us posted on how you are feeling. God Bless Love, Robin S.
stacylg
on 3/26/06 11:54 pm - clinton, MO
I had my surgery on thursday the 23 and i would have to say the 3rd day was the worst for me also. I am on a clear liquid diet for a week its hard i have no energy at all. I did get out and walk around the yard yesterday, but not for as long as i should of. Im feeling a little better today the pain as eased up alot, last night i was able to actually sleep for more then a hour before waking up. I get to start the protien drinks and milk after my one week check up. I hope that helps with the energy a little.
Heather_O
on 3/27/06 6:32 am - WI
Hi Darlene the way I got extra fluid in was to eat sf jello or sf popcicles or fudgebars I hope you feel better soon. Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views