**NEW WLS Support Site & Info**

nybabe
on 3/24/06 9:58 am - Babylon, NY
Everyone!! Check out this WLS website I found..Ive looked at the Books, and food materials- and I love it - There are several books that I recommend- like Pat Levine's cookbook + Successful habits of WLS patients and a companion workbook & even a WLS cookbook by Carnie Wilson..plus they sell Optisource products- which are made for absorption by the WLS patient- I've used the Vitamins- they are chewable- and citrus flavored - they also have Revival Soy products- you have to check out the RS crackers - one surgeon provided them at recent reunion- in all the flavors and all the patients went nuts- every flavor was better than the next! Oh - and they also sell Nectar & AnyWhey proteins..The AnyWhey is unflavored- and can be used in cooking and preparations - so thats another way to get protein in! AND the Nectar is my favorite..It is based on "fruit like" flavors - Fuzzy Navel ( Orange & Tangerine) Natural Tea ( imagine iced tea ) Carribbean Cooler ( tastes like a Pina Colada without the alcohol) ..plus they have a new flavor- Cappucino- which is supposed to be like a cold or hot latte.. Ive given up my other proteins ( like Isopure & Designer Whey) the Nectar is superb- it mixes with a spoon or shake- and it tastes good- just add fruit and ice! And if you also have any cool websites to share - Let me know! !! And they have medic alert necklaces as well as bracelets! P.S.- The pricing on this website- was cheaper than what I've seen at Bariatriceating.com.. I like it!! ENJOY! DONNA http://wlbss.com It includes the following: 1. Educational Resources - Recent and pertinent information relating to weight loss surgery! This section currently includes: * All About Fats - Article discussing the different types of dietary fats * All About Thiamine - Article discussing thiamine deficiency and WLS * The Skinny on Gastric Bypass - What Pharmacists Need to Know - Review article reprinted with permission from US Pharmacy on nutritional health and drug issues after WLS. * WLS Nutrition Review - Short technical review of nutrition after WLS. * Is BMI Best? - Review of recent research in the journal Lancet promotes waist-to-hip ratio over BMI. * Food Focus - November 2005 - Food Focus is a newsletter for WLS patients created by Monica Cengia. Monica has been a registered, licensed dietitian for over 27 years. Nutrition is her passion, especially creating helpful information that will inspire permanent lifestyle changes. * Vitamin D - A comprehensive article discussing vitamin D and health. * OAC Medicare Action - The deadline is approaching to comment on proposed Medicare guidelines for WLS. This document gives guidelines for comments. 2. Events - An event listing for the members of WLBSS. 3. eStore - An online store with products for people who have had weight loss surgery or who are thinking about having weight loss surgery. The eStore is separated into the following categories: Audio & Video Books Bath & Beauty Apparel Living Aids Medical Alert Bariatric Advantage Vitamins and Supplements Liquid Vitamins & Minerals Other Vitamins & Minerals Protein Bars Protein Powders Liquid Proteins Nectar Fruitilicious Protein Revival Soy Other Select Nutrients Resource Optisource Protein Flavorings Queasy Pops Digestive Support Sweeteners Hope you all enjoy the new website http://wlbss.com created for Weight Loss Bariatric Surgery Support. Happy New Year, Bill P.S. Other good Weight Loss Surgery sites: www.FreedomExpress.net/WLSsupport www.FreedomExpress.net/WLBSSInt
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views