Honey, I'm home

Laura A.
on 3/23/06 6:41 pm - Manteca, CA
OMG, I was overwhelmed from the support all you gave me during my surgery. Thank you so much. And thank you to Sara and Bridget Giannosa...they were the best angels posting updates on me. I feel great other than being a little sore up high on the abdomen. I was a little worried at first because I've had 5 C-sections and I remember the hurt from those. This is entirely tolerable!!! Whole different set of muscles. In fact I have had 0 and I mean NO pain medicatio at all. Even my doctor was surprised to see I hadn't even used that pain pump thing. My surgeon did take my gallbaldder at the same time. His words were "It was inflamed and had a stone about the size of a golf ball". Everything was done laprascopically and no stitches. They just superglued everthing and put steri strips on. I came home yesterday and was expecting to have gained from all the IV fluids. At my pre-op on Friday I weighed 266.5 and after checking into the hospital on Monday I weighed 263.5. When I got home yestaerday I weighed 260!!! I am having to really remember to sip, sip, sip my water. But other than that I'm doing great. Thank you all............ Laura A.
jennb40
on 3/23/06 8:01 pm - Nashua, NH
Thank goodness for you Laura - you are home and feeling no pain...that is wonderful. It sounds like you had "textbook" surgery! Congratulations on feeling so well and we are so glad to have you on our ever growing Marcher's LOSER'S BENCH! Walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip....and you will be good to go! Glad you are doing ok. Barbara
Jacqueline P.
on 3/24/06 10:07 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Laura, I am glad to hear you are doing so well. I had mine on the 21st, and am feeling great as well. The one thing I don't understand though is that we are supposed to drink 64 oz of water a day, but we are supposed to sip it. I know we can't drink for a half an hour before and half an hour after we eat, so thats 3 hours out of the day. How are you and the rest of everyone reading this getting in so much fluid? I feel great other than feeling I am denying myself og all the liquids.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views