3 Days Post Op and I can't take anymore broth.....

KatieM1217
on 3/23/06 7:02 am - Howell, NJ
I had my Lap Band done on Monday, 3/20. I feel great for the most part however, I just can't take another day of chicken or beef broth. Does anyone have any other suggestions????
bettyc
on 3/23/06 8:19 am - Covington, LA
If you are looking for something hot, NUT suggested strained chicken noodle soup and strained french onion soup. They have more flavor than straight broth.
RieRie
on 3/23/06 9:38 am - somewhere, IL
maybe strained egg drop soup.
kelimac1965
on 3/23/06 12:30 pm - Hermitage, PA
I had my surgery March 1st and have been on liquids since! Just the past week or so I have gotten sick of broth! I use the Buillion (spelling?) cubes or granules..they have much better taste than the canned broths; also if you can make your own chicken noodle soup or someone you know...that tastes even better because of all the vegetables, seasonings and stuff that go in it! My mom made wedding soup this past week and man was the broth good! I have another week to go before I see the doctor and get put on soft foods! Good luck! Kelly
jennb40
on 3/24/06 12:18 am - Nashua, NH
Katie - if you have a Panera Bread close to you, they have this yummy low fat chicken noodle soup and for 2 days my hubby and I went there and I had only the broth...he finished off the noodles, carrots and chicken! I must admit it beat the chicken and beef broth in the can! Also we went one day to a Cracker Barrell and I got the vegetable soup and asked them to make it more broth than vegetable and I had that broth...it was yummy also. Hope this helps some...Barbara
Tammy M
on 3/24/06 11:15 am - Somers, CT
When I got sick of chicken and beef broth I had wonton soup broth - the only thing about it was it was really high in sodium. I also had tomato soup - that was on my list of okay things..........I stocked up on a bunch of differnt decar herbal tea -that saved me a lot! Also had several flavors of crystal light.........I don't care if I ever have another bowl of broth again! I lived on it from 3/1 until 3/21.............I don't miss it that's for sure! Oh and I also strained the stuff out of one of the progresso soups I had in the house - that was pretty good. Hang in there! Best Regards, Tammy
cgervasi
on 3/24/06 1:01 pm - New Bedford, MA
I hear you Katie! My nutritionist suggested any "cream" soup, but it has to be "Healthy Request" or 99% fat free. Cream of chicken is great. Ive had some tomato soup as well, got to get some sodium because I get a little dizzy sometimes. Check with your nutritionist to be sure! Carolyn
timsdanni
on 3/26/06 6:02 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I got sick of broth FAST but what was best was homemade - have some one get a cheap steak and toss it and a carrot, stalk of celery and an onion in a pot with lots of water and boil for most of a day (the smell will help you want it latter ) than add your beef base when it is done and strain that and drink it - it taste more like "real" food also buy a shaved ice machine - shaved ice in a dixie cup with water on top was my best freind for a week after I got home - and if you get the little 3 oz cupsit is easy to finish one off and then another and another and I could get a litter and a half in pretty easy that way Danni
robinsaxton
on 3/26/06 10:54 pm - Columbia, MD
Hi Katie, I tired of broth quickly too. My dr said I could have chicken soup strained or even blended really good. I also had cream soups. I just made sure to strain them too. It sure helped me out. You'll find something soon! God Bless, Love, Robin S.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views