I'm Scheduled for March 30th!!!!

tyrastaes
on 3/23/06 1:33 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 02/10/06 with
I have exactly one week to go. But I am nervoius about the tube that they are going to put in my nose. Is it really that painful? Please Help
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/23/06 11:34 am - My Town, NH
Hi Tyra. Congratulations on your surgery date! If your question refers to the breathing tube that is placed in your throat, I wasn't awake for any of that so I did not have any pain associated with the breathing tube. I would ask your surgeon if it will be both placed and removed while you are under anesthesia. Hope that helps, Stephanie
dilo8280
on 3/23/06 3:23 pm - MI
If you're referring to the NG tube they put into your stomache, i was concerned about that too. I've been reassured by many people that it is more of a nuissance than painful, as far as the breathing tube goes, you'll most likely be out before they put it in. Good luck on your surgery... Mines the 30th also at 8am. Thing will be better on the other side, i'm sure of it.
shamia
on 3/23/06 3:31 pm - Kansas City, KS
Congratulations on your surgery date. My surgery is scheduled for 3/29/06 and I am concerned about the tube as well. I was told by a friend of the family who had lap band surgery on 2/15/06 that she would have never known it was there if they didn't tell her. So I imagine it's not that bad. Hope that helps. Good Luck on your surgery I'll be praying for you!!!!
jennb40
on 3/23/06 8:18 pm - Nashua, NH
I don't think you are going to know about any tube they put anywhere in your body! They send you to "la-la" land so soon after hitting the operating room....that who knows what they do!!!! Well I don't mean anything bad...just the good things they do to make you a smaller, more healthier person! But definitely ask when they ask you if you have any questions. You will be fine and soon join the other Marchers waiting for you on the Loser's Bench! Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views