First visit to Doc Post surgery

bettyc
on 3/23/06 1:17 am - Covington, LA
I went ot the doc yesterday for my first post surgery nutrition class and first after visit. I'll let you have the good and the bad. First the good, I had misunderstood the diet and assumed the diet items under 3 weeks meant after 3 weeks post op add these in---well they mean week three. I was able to move everything up 1 week--yea!! I could come home and have full liquids. Now the bad, I am retining a lot of hospital fluids. I has put on Lasik and Potassium to pull off the fluids. I am having no problem getting in all the water I need and the proteing drinks as well. I only lost 6 lbs. in the 10 days since surgery. I am not the type to live by the scale. I know I follow my diet and know the fluid is there. The weight will come off. Oh well, pre op 15 plus 6= 21 lbs lost. Be stron and positive--bj
viva
on 3/23/06 9:35 am - Somewhere, MI
Betty Jo, You are a strong and positive person. With that kind of thinking you will most definitely get the fluid off. I'm trying to take your advice and sip and walk. 21 pounds is a lot of weight. I'm trying to get down 4 protein drinks a day with lots of water. I'm moving not so fast at that. Every day I feel stronger. Thanks for your good advice. I hope your next visit to the doctor you will be feeling great. Viva
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/23/06 11:29 am - My Town, NH
Congrats BJ on the 21 pounds! That's wonderful! I'm sure the fluids will disappear quickly with the meds. Thanks for updating us on your progress! - Stephanie
jennb40
on 3/23/06 8:07 pm - Nashua, NH
Betty....you have just lost enough to make more room on this Marcher's Loser's bench!!!! 21 lbs. is great and once those old nasty hospital fluids are gone....whew....watch out! Throw the scales away or at least only check them once a week....yeah right - who am I to give that suggestion "Miss Wake Up at 5 a.m. and run to the scales everyday!" Hang in there! Barbara
jennl
on 3/24/06 9:31 am - hampton, VA
21 lbs is great. You should be proud. I don't live by the scale either but I need to know that I am doing something right. I bought ketosis strips they show that fat is metabolizing so as long at the strip changes color I am happy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views