I'm scheduled for the 28th... Anybody scheduled for open Roux n Y?

laneygail
on 3/22/06 11:12 am - New Albany, OH
I'm getting anxious too. I'm an OR nurse and have seen a thousand of these done, but I'm still a little nervous. I'm more concerned about the diet and how soon I'll feel better. I'm having an open roux n y. I'm thinking it will feel like having a c-section (i've had 2) and that I felt pretty good after a few weeks. Any stories about post op pain and when you start feeling better?
Sandra S.
on 3/22/06 2:28 pm - Mountain Home, ID
Hi Laney! I'm scheduled for lap RNY on the same day! I wish you all the best in your surgery and recovery. I'm not so much nervous about the surgery as much as I am about my diet and nutrition intake. I know I have to be diligent about my supplements and exercise; two things that I wasn't before. Every one's post or profile I've read emphasized the importance of getting up and walking as fast as is possible. I recently (March 8) had my gall bladder removed laparoscopically and so it gave me a little taste of what to expect and it wasn't bad at all. The itching from my allergic reaction to the steri strips on my incisions was more bothersome than anything else! Anyway, I'll be looking for your posts so we can compare notes afterwards! Feel free to email me if you'd like! Sandra Sessions
pinkie
on 3/23/06 7:48 am - port murray, NJ
i am scheduled for the 28th also. up until now i was so excited and i couldn' t wait. today for the first time i actually told people what my current weight is (228) and i had 2 of them come right out and tell me that i was totally crazy for doing this, and they werent even family members. now i'am really doubting whether or not i should go through with this
BAMASWEETIE33
on 3/23/06 8:08 am - FALKVILLE, AL
hi.. i am also scheduled for the lap rny on the 28th. i hope things go well for you . what is your heighth and bmi? do you have several comorbities. Your weight doesnt sound that bad to me but i am 5ft 9in 353 lbs. I would fo on my feelings about the surgery. May God be with you whatever you decide. pam
rtschack
on 3/24/06 2:09 am - Bonney Lake, WA
I am scheduled also for the 28th, having an lap Roux n Y. I weight 229 and people ask me the same thing about the wls. I say everyone has an opinion, but what matters is how I feel weighing the amount I do. I hate it, I feel and in my own mind I weight a lot more. So don't worry it is a personal choice. I am happy to be having the surgery. I just can't sleep waiting until Tuesday. Good luck with yours. And everyone else that is having it on the 28th.
Woodland
on 3/27/06 2:03 am - Vancouver, WA
My lap RNY is tomorrow also. Today I'm doing all those lovely pre-op things like milk of magnesia (the enema is saved for this evening), clear liquids only, washing my hair, shaving, manicure. The house is clean, taxes done, bills paid, pantry stocked with protein drinks, soups, things I can have "after." I'm a little nervous, but also excited. Thanks to all the lovely people on these messageboards who give me strength and encouragement.
robink
on 3/27/06 2:36 am - Billings, MT
I just had mine a week ago and I am feeling pretty good. The liquid diet afterwards has actually been pretty easy for me other than protein. Can't seem to find one I can tolerate, taste wise. the first couple days were tough due to the gas pain. Walk, walk, walk. Just know that this will pass. Still a bit tired at times but ding well. Good luck and I will be praying for the success of your surgery and the quidance of the surgeons hands.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views