Im home....

Darlene X
on 3/22/06 10:11 am - Maricopa, AZ
We got home around 3pm this afternoon. This won't be a long update cause Im feeling very tired and lightheaded--- meds I assume. I feel like crap! LOL I cried the whole way down the hall, and while they prepped me for surgery in the OR..... Bob the anestesiologist (Sp?) told me "Night Night Sweetheart"..... Then I woke in recovery... seemed like I was only there 5 minutes, I don't remember much. The first thought that went through my head was "It doesnt hurt as bad as I thought" I slept a lot day 1, pain was ok-- dispite the morphine seemed to have no effect--- my machine kept screwing up. Day 2 sucked, I was fine till about 2pm when they took me for an upper GI--- my pain medication wasnt working, and I was down there an hour--- the most traumatic experience out of everything. I came back feeling so sick and drained and in a lot of pain. They took me off my IV and put me on liquid med's (lortab) which makes the world so much better, but makies me very sleepy. Im pretty sore and tired, feel very light headed and all I want to do is sleep... Im having a hard time getting water in which is scary..... I'll update again when Im a little more clear headed...
lesliep
on 3/22/06 10:17 am - Middleburg Hts., OH
Hey! You got home quick! No wonder you're still feeling loopy! No doubt it's probably the drugs. From what I'm hearing, every 24 hours things get better and better. Make sure you're trying tha****er, you don't want to get dehydrated! Take care and keep us posted! Leslie
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/22/06 11:33 am - My Town, NH
Welcome home Darlene! The water will get easier as you progress. I'm glad things went well for you and that you can sleep in your own bed tonight! Rest well, Stephanie
BabyRuth2u
on 3/22/06 12:07 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Welcome home Darlene. Good to see you up and around. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Take care!
Heather_O
on 3/23/06 6:26 am - WI
Hi Darlene Its good to know that your home and doing well even though your so tired but that will go away in time. I hope Ej is taking good care of you and that we will see you on the boards more soon I think it was over a week before I could sit in front of the computer. Dont worry about the water just keep trying it will add up within the next week and you'll be closer to where your intake needs to be. Take Good Care Of Yourself, Heather
Mary M.
on 3/23/06 6:53 am - Livonia, MI
Welcome home and good luck! I was really out of it for the whole first week. I slept, took drugs, sipped a lot of water and walked around the house. That was it! It was too cold to go outside so I did other things around the house in small increments to keep moving. Hope you have a quick recovery!
Laura A.
on 3/23/06 6:43 pm - Manteca, CA
Welcome home Darlene.....I know things will go wonderful for you. Isn't it great to be sitting on the loser's bench??? Best of luck to you, my surgery twin........ Laura A.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views