I am home and recoverying

tknightrn
on 3/22/06 4:01 am - Yucaipa, CA
My surgery is over and I am home recovering. Surgery went real smooth w/o any complications. I did a lot of walking the day of surgery and the two days that followed in the hospital and even still now. I feel real good. I have not experienced a whole lot of just some discomfort. I have minimal bruisning, the bruising that I do have came from the lovenox injections. My dr and nurses were suprised at how much I was up walking around the hospital. I was pretty bored. My biggest problem right now is learning how to sip instead of gulping. The hospital staff were fabulous. Which I am a pretty tough critic since I am a nurse. Everything went really good. Now It's up to me to eat right and get out and exercise. For those of you who are waiting to have your surgery. Get up and start walking right away. It helps relieve the gas pains in your shoulders and neck. Best wishes to everyone and Thanks to all of you who sent me encouragements. They made a world of difference. God Bless. Tammy
Nancy V.
on 3/22/06 5:03 am - Wilmington, CA
Gald it was so uneventful! I hope mine turns out as smoothly. Congrats on crossing over!! ~Nancy
jennb40
on 3/22/06 6:25 am - Nashua, NH
Best wishes Tammy for a speedy recovery for you. I had mine on the 13th and I feel great...the drinking and protein hasn't been bad at all. I had one bad day and that I think was from gas, but I had the hubby rub my back which did wonders and when I was sitting I put a heating pad at my back...that day passed and I haven't looked back. For 8 days out I feel pretty darned good! Hope you continue to do so good and welcome to your designated place on the Marcher's loser's bench! Barbara
lupe921
on 3/22/06 9:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
Tammy I'm so happy to hear your doing well. My surgery is on Monday, March 27th and I am a bundle of nerves. My husband is scared and keeps asking me if I am sure. I am going full speed ahead. I have start to loose sleep just thinking of what awaits me. Keep us posted with your progress and Gods speed in healing.
carolann1
on 3/22/06 9:19 am - Great Meadows, NJ
Tammy, I'm so glad to hear youre home and doing well. Thanks for the tips. I also go on March 27. I'm an emotional wreck this week: nervous, scared, crying, etc. I just wi**** was here already! Good luck with your progress. Carol
lesliep
on 3/22/06 10:10 am - Middleburg Hts., OH
Yahoo! So glad you're home! Find a great book and a comfortable spot--keep sipping and walking--you're doing great. Leslie
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/22/06 11:29 am - My Town, NH
Welcome home Tammy! I'm so glad things went well for you. Each day gets better. Rest well, Stephanie
BabyRuth2u
on 3/22/06 12:08 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Welcome home and glad to hear things went so well for you. Sounds like some good advice. I'll keep it in mind for Friday! Take care and speedy recovery to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views