Pureed Diet

Mama-of-3
on 3/21/06 5:35 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Hiya! My doctor wants me on a pureed diet as of yesterday but I just dont have the guts (haha) to do it yet. I mean with eggs, or beans, etc.. What have you tried early early on that worked well? So far,I have only eaten, sf jello, sf pudding, soup, cream of wheat, and drank liquids. I also did a few protein shakes. I do have some pureed diet menus but I'm a chicken!! Thank you. P.S. I'm doing ok so far. I was having a horrible reaction to my original pain medication but just got a new one today and right this second, I feel good. Yesterday, not so much! I'll be getting my drain and stitches out Thursday. Oh yes another question for those who had Lap RNY..Did you get staples or get glued? Just wondering, my neighbor got the glue and was shocked to see 22 staples on my belly!! Trish
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/21/06 9:14 am - My Town, NH
Hi Trish. How about fat free refried beans topped with shredded cheddar cheese? Tasty and a nice serving of protein. You could also try canned chili. I think chewing and eating slowly are the keys to success with the new foods! I think I had the glue but I'm not sure. I don't see any staples. My steri-strips fell off about a week after surgery and I didn't see either staples or glue. 22 staples seems like a lot for laproscopic RNY! Best of luck, Stephanie
bettyc
on 3/21/06 9:25 am - Covington, LA
I was glued. No staples and I am completely healed no scabs. My doc doesn't let us move to pureed until week 4. I strated full liquids today. He also does not use drains or a pre op bowel prep. I feel so lucky. I have had absolutly no problems.
pudgy
on 3/22/06 8:31 pm - Upstate, NY
Im not sure about the staples, but believe I must have been glued because when the tape fell off about a week after surgery, there were no staples or stiches showing. I dont know about the pureed diet, but I would love some of your recipes. I am so sick of cream of wheat, cottage cheese and jello! Im starting my 3rd week today and according to the Dr.'s paperwork, i can try soft foods like tuna w/mayo/scrambled egg..etc starting today. Im kinda nervous about that for some reason though. I gotta say though, I never feel hungry which is very weird. I can only eat like a teaspoon of whatever im eating. I dont think Ive ever actually had the "full" feeling though. Let me know how you make out w/the pureed stuff. Take Care Karen
headparrot
on 3/23/06 4:18 am - Ponca City, OK
Hey Trish, Good luck to ya. I had my lap RNY on 3/15. I have to stay on clear liquids until the 29th. I can tell you that I've never looked forward to re-fried beans so much in my entire life...lol. Anyway, I believe my doc used sutures under the skin and then glued the incisions shut. I can't see any stitches anyway. Hope all goes well
Heather_O
on 3/23/06 6:10 am - WI
For the pureed diet I eat cottage cheese, grits, oatmeal, or applesause with protien poweder mixed in. But to actually get the taste of real food I use canned tuna or chicken blended with mayo or italian dressing. A new favorite is cooking some zucchini (skin cut off) with a dash of water untill soft then putting that in the blender with Hunts low carb spagehtti sauce and putting in some canned chicken and then blend it together and then add some parmasan cheese dont forget the cheese cuz without it it tastes weird but it really has a good spagetti flavor. Hope that helps Heather
Michelle M.
on 3/24/06 11:04 am
Hi, in regards to your question about the staples. I had them too. My surgeon used them rather then adhesive tape due to my previous allergic reactions. I'm not sure if that's your case or not, but they are gone now and I'm feeling better and better every day. While I had them, I told my kids that I have more piercing then any of their friends....haha. Best of luck!
Tammy M
on 3/24/06 11:11 am - Somers, CT
I just had the best mushy food tonight - I took 1/4 cup of ricotta, 1/4 cup of spaghetti sauce and 1/4 cup of mozzerella and baked it until the cheese got bubbly on top........Someone recommended it to me - they called it noodleless lasagna - it was so "normal"! I had lap band - I got glued and the scabs are just now starting to fall off - I have 5 incisions - The biggest one is about 2 or 3 inches. I'm surprised they used staples on you - it seems that most surgeons are going away from using them - I can understand your shock! Best Regards, Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views