Everyone seems so together but me!!

bananajana5
on 3/20/06 6:21 am - Jackson, TN
Surgery was 3/13...had a blood vessel that did not get shut and it bleed tremendously into my pouch right after my surgery...woke up to throwing up buckets of blood...ended up 2 days in the ICU and 7 units of blood later finally in the reg room...did not get home until 3/18...I am only taking water, 1/2 apple juice and water with protein powder in it, maybe a sf popsicle or 1/4 sf jello snack size...could not handle the chicken broth in the hospital and I am scared to try it again...is there something else I am suppose to be eating or what ...I just feel kind of clouded...what is up with that??
jannineh99
on 3/20/06 7:00 am - Melrose, MA
Welcome to the losing side.....Sounds like you are doing much better since you got home from the hospital you are doing much better than I did I only got in 6 oz a day for the first couple of days I was home...and that was jus****er...still trying to tolerate protein drinks.......I am not sure what you mean but feeling clouded but try to get your water in...my surgery was 3/6 I spent a day in icu also....if by clouded you mean light headed..then drink some more water and if it does not go away...call your surgeon...but try to rest..and relax...it will get better.... Jannine
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/20/06 10:03 am - My Town, NH
Jana, it sounds like you had quite the experience with surgery. Could it be the pain medication that is making you feel a bit cloudy? I know that I had to stop taking the pain meds and switch to liquid Tylenol after a few days. The narcotics made me loopy! As for what you consume, try not to stress too much about it. You will know when the time is right for you to try new things. Did your Doctor provide you with a list of foods to eat and when to begin introducing them? If not, you may want to ask for recommendations. Best of luck and I'm glad you are home now! - Stephanie
jennb40
on 3/20/06 7:32 pm - Nashua, NH
God Bless you Jana...I am so sorry for your experience...but thank goodness you are home and sitting on the loser's bench...with those of us that have had our surgery and those of us who are waiting for a place on the bench. What an experience...but I am SO glad you are home. Take it easy on yourself. It sounds like you are having the types of liquids and jello that I have been living on...I too had my surgery on the 13th. I hope your gas pains have passed by now...one thing that really made me feel better was putting a heating pad on my back while I was sitting in a chair...it helped the gas and I think just about everything else! As for feeling clouded...no wonder after all you have been through...you had quite an experience. I think each day that passes you will feel better and less clouded. Try to get some walking in and hang in there....your are a LOSER...in a good way! Please keep us posted on how you are feeling. Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views