Home from hospital

robinsaxton
on 3/19/06 6:55 am - Columbia, MD
Hi fellow Marchers. I am home. Got here yesterday. I had surgery on Wednesday the 15th, came home on the 18th. I haven't had as good a time as some of you. I have had a lot of pain, severe hicups-which hurt like someone is ripping my insides apart- and bad gas pains. I guess we all recover differently. I was hoping to be one with no pain. Oh well. I am glad to be home. I'll have to update my profile later as I am starting to wear out being on this computer. I hope you all continue to do well. I see the dr on tuesday to have my drain tube out so hopefully by then I can report a loss. We'll see. I haven't weighed since the day before my surgery. God bless you all. Love, Robin S.
Sandra S.
on 3/19/06 8:09 am - Mountain Home, ID
Robin, Sorry to hear about your pain; stay on top of it with your meds if you can. Don't wait until you hurt to take them. Even though I have only had my gall bladder surgey, (laparoscopically), I think I can safely say WALK, WALK, WALK even if it's only around and around your house! I can't even imagine having the hiccups after surgery! Bless your heart!!! Anyway, I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well and you are home. Take care! Sandra
bettyc
on 3/19/06 9:23 am - Covington, LA
Sandra Sorry you are in pain. being home has to help. You can't walkto much and use your meds. I also found gas-x helped me. I was lucky no real problems. I did have gas pain and walking and gas-x saved me. Sip, sip, sip--you have to have those fluids to stay healthy. You are on the loser side! Be strong and positive--bj
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/19/06 11:18 pm - My Town, NH
Welcome home Robin! I hope you were able to bring good pain medication home with you!! Each day does get better with regard to pain. Take care of yourself and rest well. - Stephanie
jennb40
on 3/20/06 7:36 pm - Nashua, NH
Hi Robin...glad you are home and keeping us company on the loser's bench! On thing for my gas that seemed to help...I kept a heating pad on my back while I was sitting up. It felt good and seemed to help a number of things! I had surgery on the 13th and today is going to be a good day because of the way I feel this morning...and the last few mornings. Each day gets so much better. I have had more "belching" - if you will - than so much gas pains...but that is subsiding now. Best of luck to you and glad you are a LOSER! Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views