Nervous and excited

cynthiawrn
on 3/18/06 2:48 pm - jamestown, NY
Hi Everyone, I am new here and I am having my RNY on March 29, 2006. I have been so excited about this new life I am about to embark upon that I didnt really think about surgery until today. Now I am getting very nervous. I really look forward to reading all of your posts and insight on what I can expect and how to make things easier for myself. Thank you for that and keep it coming. Cindy
Sandra S.
on 3/18/06 6:50 pm - Mountain Home, ID
Cindy, I know exactly where you're coming from; my surgery is for 28 March and everything has been such a whirlwind since my initial consultation on January 30. Yes, that's right; January 30th was my very first consultation. I completed all of my evaluations in the month of February and even had my gall bladder removed in preparation for my WLS 10 days ago. The one thing I fear is the next 10 days d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g out. I'm fortunate enough to work in a very busy law firm so I KNOW I'll be busy. I just hope I can concentrate on my work! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this site because we are all connected and can come here to share our experiences so openly with everyone. My son, who is only 9 years old, has been helping me so much. I stocked up my kitchen in preparation for my post op and today he wanted to taste my protein shake, so I made him one. He drank most of it. Then he wanted to learn how to make the jello so he read the directions and made two batches. He told me, "I can make this for you mom...don't worry!" I love him so much! My husband has agreed to go to a support group meeting that my surgeon has monthly. My 19 year old daughter agreed to come home on her days off (shift worker, 3 days on, 4 days off) to help me around the house. I'm so ready for this, I just hope I don't have the time to get too anxious about it. I think the best thing to do, Cindy, is just make sure you are prepared for your post-op care. Make sure you are absolutely ready; gather everything you will need around you. That's what is getting me through these last days prior to surgery. That and lots of prayers!! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{GROUP HUG EVERYONE!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} -Sandra
Ayn
on 3/19/06 1:48 pm - Flower Mound, TX
Cindy: I too am counting down the days until March 23rd, when my Lap RNY is good to go. I hate being the only one in the room without any clothes on, but that seems to be "the deal". I prefer to think of it as my transformation, however, it sneaks into my thoughts at all sorts of times and I will be ever so glad when it is done. It helps to know that you are not alone. You've done your "due diligence", your decision making and all of the tests and insurance company battles. I am reminded of the quote that says, "Be bold and powerful forces will come to your aid." You are being bold and when surgery has come and gone, there will be a new, healthier, thinner and happy you to reap the rewards of your bold decision. We will both be great! Focus on that and we will be on the other side of this before you know it. Alice
carolann1
on 3/20/06 10:51 pm - Great Meadows, NJ
Sandra, I can so identify with all you said. I only started the process by attending the info seminar in late January. My surgical consult was in the first week of February. Since then its been a whirlind of tests and trying to get everything ready. I've been stocking up so I'll be ready after I get home, also. And cleaning! lol! My date is March 27, just a couple days ahead of you. I have 4 duaghters, ages 5,7,10 and 12. The nerves have just startd to hit me big time. Since I'm a single Mom, I'm stressing over the issues of possible complications and how it will affect my girls. I've been keeping busy at work (also law - attorney general's office) but its at night when I'm lying in bed and all is quiet..... (except for my brain, of course). Well, hugs and prayers for you. Hope you'll think of me on Monday! Carol
ScubaQueen
on 3/19/06 1:48 pm - Corinth, TX
Cynthia, I too am having the RNY on March 29th, 2006! I am excited to have found you. I am nervous and scared, but VERY excited. I have spent all day today reading about the surgery online at the various websites. I have purchased a bunch of vitamins and proteins that should arrive before next week so I will be ready when I come home from the hospital. I am 32 years old, five foot four and a half inches tall (that little half inch is a big deal) and I currently weigh about 280, I think. I have gained weight since the preop period. I fell like every day I am doing nothing except getting bigger waiting for the surgery date. I wi**** would hurry up and get here already, yet I feel me pressuring myself to eat everything for fear I will miss it so much later. It's weird. Mostly though I am just excited to get on with it. I have really enjoyed www.bariatriceating.com. I read Susan's book over the weekend and it really inspired me to know that I will still enjoy food after the surgery. I love the recipes she has both on the website and in her book. I am looking forward to cooking a meal for my family and friends after the post-op period, and having everyone over. It will be good for my mom to see me eating real food and happy. She is scared that all my joy will disappear after the surgery. I think that the joy will only be beginning! (That is, after the healing, of course).
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views