3/13 surgery brother and sisters how are you doing

bettyc
on 3/18/06 9:33 am - Covington, LA
My surgery went well I have posted my experience on my profile. I hurt a little tonignt for the first time--I must be a slow hurter Let's hear from all of you. We need to share our long journey. Be strong and positive--bj
jennl
on 3/18/06 7:32 pm - hampton, VA
I think I am doing great. I have no pain except for the dumb mistake of not chewing a cracker long enough. WOW that hurt. I had to walk to get rid of the pain it lasted 15 mins. I can't stand protein I keep trying different drinks I can't seem to find one that I love any more. Today I am trying unflavored unjury and chicken broth I hope that works better. I also bought some stallone pudding it was half off at vitamin shoppe near me it has 20grams of protein and no sugar. I have my follow up appt Tuesday I hope I will be a loser!!! Jenn
HOPEBB
on 3/20/06 12:18 am - CHICAGO, IL
hi, i doing fine, still have pain of my left side, but not to bad. im on liquids for 10 days after surgery, then the next 4 days on protein, then i starts a soft foods diet, like cream of wheat, cream soups, etc. I go to the doctor tomorrow for my 1 week check up and have a nutrionist class. im let you know how that goes. Do anybody has to go for they one week check up and did anyone lose any weight yet?
kittenhead
on 3/20/06 1:57 am - Suburbia, IL
My surgery went well, too. I'm pretty much over being in pain; the only thing that still hurts is when I try to lie down on my left side. My main complaints are feeling a touch worn out and queasy. I haven't had any vomiting or anything, but I'm soooooo disinterested in food - I'm practically repulsed by it! I'm supposed to be adding pureed foods this week, but I'm sort of scared of getting sick. And trying to get in at least part of 2 protein drinks a day is torture!!! Ick, blarg, ack! I've switched to Matrix 5.0 chocolate, which is a little better, but I still hate the things. I have a weird question. Has anyone developed superhuman smelling abilities? I smell EVERYTHING amplified 1000% percent. And it all smells terrible. Even my husband smells bad to me, and he has excellent personal hygiene!
bananajana5
on 3/20/06 6:07 am - Jackson, TN
I also have that super human nose!! And I thought is was a good smeller before. Okay, so I had my surgery on 3/13 also but had a bleeding problem and ended up in the ICU for 2 days and did not get home until the 18th..My head stills feels very confused...I am not sure how much protein i am supposed to be getting everyday...all I am taking is water, 1/2 apple juice and water with protein added, maybe a popsicle or 1/4 snack sf jello....could you take anything else...when do soups start...not the broth, I could have that now but it made me sick in the hospital and I just can;t try it yet...Jana
kittenhead
on 3/20/06 7:43 am - Suburbia, IL
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that you had problems! I haven't been taking in all that much more than you have. I, too do the sf jello and sf popsicles. I can tolerate the broth, so that's another thing I eat. I've also had unsweetened applesauce, which went down pretty well. Now that I'm a week out, I can technically have plain yogurt, cottage cheese, low fat cheeses, egg whites, blended tuna and chicken, and skim milk, but I'm way too scared of all that stuff. My regime never includes soups like a lot of people's do, but the best thing to do is to check with your surgeon. I was told to have at least 2 protein drinks a day, which is at least 50-60 grams a day. HAH! I haven't been able to finish them. Not even close. When I told the nurse at my doctor's office, she just laughed knowingly and told me to do my best. Right now it seems like I'm not even taking in enough to stay alive, but I hear that things get better and our bodies should have enough reserves (hopefully) to make it through a rough week or two. Sending you petting and purrs, Kittenhead
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views