10 more days to go!!

Sandra S.
on 3/18/06 3:00 am - Mountain Home, ID
Hi everyone! I just 'discovered' this board while updating my profile...I'm such a dork! Anyway, I had my gall bladder out in March 8 and my WLS date was set for march 28!! So 20 days later, I'll be on the losing side with everyone else! I'm so excited! I went shopping last night to stock up on stuff I'll be needing for post-op so I bought lots of sf puddings and jellos, ( I'm going to try adding a little of the sf pudding to my protein shakes to perk them up a bit! I'll experiment with that and let you know how it turns out), and some canned fruit (no sugar added of course!) to add to them also. I found a little personal blender made by Hamilton Beach. It's perfect size for mixing protein drinks and it has a special sipping lid so you can take the whole cup with you! Great product and only 14.00 at Walmart. I also bought a bathroom scale! I haven't had one in years!!! but thought now would be a good time to get one. It's made by Taylor and it's digital with a lithium battery; also only cost 17.00 (I think) and very small profiled so it won't be tripped over in my small bathroom. I'm getting there, slowly but surely. I'm glad I had my gall bladder out first so I won't have to worry about that later. It also gave me a little preview of what to expect post-op from my WLS. The only thing I've had trouble with was the allergic reaction to the steri strips over my laparoscope incisions!!! TALK ABOUT ITCHY!!!!!!! YIKES! I actually had blisters under the tapes when they fell off, but not to worry! I showed my surgeon and he made huge notes in my files not to use that tape again!! I might just make a reminder note on my belly with a marker, "please do not use that tape again!!" so he'll remember!! Anyway, I'll be checking in her daily now that I know where all the other March LOSERS are!!! Congrats to all the Post op Losers for March!!! I'll be joining you in 10 more days!!! Love to all, Sandra
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/18/06 3:17 am - My Town, NH
Hi Sandra! Welcome to the MARCHers! The ten days will fly by and it sounds as though you are quite prepared. Best of luck to you and please let us know how you are doing. I wish you a smooth and safe surgery! - Stephanie
BAMASWEETIE33
on 3/18/06 3:24 am - FALKVILLE, AL
I am also scheduled on the 28th. Glad to know we will both be on the losing side in 10 days. I will be praying for you and your recovery and please remember me also. I'll keep you posted and hopefully you will do the same. I am so ready for this. Sometimes i feel some butterflys but have been waiting so long and i'm fully prepared. Talk to you soon. Jenean
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views