Give us an update on how you are doing!

thin2be
on 3/18/06 2:03 am - Houston, TX
Susan, Sounds like you are doing GREAT. Open RNY is pretty tough. I was so ready for my staples to come out--they were starting to "pull" a little. 14 pounds is awesome Congratulations! Phyllis
jennb40
on 3/17/06 8:15 pm - Nashua, NH
Phyllis you should be totally excited about 10 lbs...that is wonderful! I actually gained 9 pounds from the day I went into the hospital til I came home, but as of this morning have lost that 9 pounds. I had to many bags of "whatever it is they give you" that they said you probably gain weight just from that. I finally feel like this morning (5 days out) that I might have a really good day! Think most of the gas has passed andwill start getting in some protein finally. I am not hungry at all and have no desire to eat anything...don't really want to drink anything either, but know you must! I know each day we will get stronger and I am so looking forward to really losing and enjoying a wonderful spring! Good luck to everyone! Barbara
thin2be
on 3/18/06 2:05 am - Houston, TX
Barbara, It's such fun to read your posts and profile. You are so enthusiastic! I'm glad you are feeling well, and tha****er weight from the hospital does take a few days to come off. I am glad you're not hungry; I was. Head hunger, maybe? Anyway, sounds like you are doing awesome, and I can't wait to see the rest of your story unfold! Phyllis
TammyG
on 3/18/06 12:09 am - Carson City, MI
Hi everyone. I am 11 days post op. I am feel great. I am getting in my protein but having a very hard time getting in my water. I run out of hours in the day. I gained 11 lbs in fluid at the hospital. I since have lost that and another 14 lbs. I hope everyone is doing great!
thin2be
on 3/18/06 2:07 am - Houston, TX
Tammy, Congratulations on the 14 pounds! Wow! Isn't that an awesome feeling? Good for you getting in all your protein. I am having a hard time with liquids and water. I get about 70-80 ounces of liquid a day, but my hands still look dehydrated. The protein I am not doing as well on. I'm glad you are doing so well and feeling so good! Phyllis
bettyc
on 3/18/06 4:42 am - Covington, LA
I am 5 days out and doing marvelous. No problem with fluids and protein. My incisions are almost healed and I have had no complications. Bid news I had my first regular bowel movement today!! Yea--no MOM. I wenr out shopping today and after 4 hours had to admit I'm not superwoman--I was tired for the first time. Be strong and positive--bj
xJanellex
on 3/18/06 1:22 pm - santa monica, CA
Hi Phyllis, I had Lap RNY on 3/2 and have lost 20 lbs since surgery. I also had lost 10 lbs pre op. so a total of 30 lbs. Im still having a hard time trying to get all the protein in my system. I just hate the shakes I've tried. I finally bit the bullet and ordered the profect liquid protein in the vials. They were expensive so I hope they're worth it. I am having a little bout of the blues so hopefully it will pass soon. Gas has been ok for me and Im not in any pain. I have found out that my weight loss stalled once I started my period....ugh!! Hopefully I'll be losing again in a few days. I still wish I could drink more water at one time but I know that it will get better. I wish I was losing more weight but Im happy right now with what I've lost. I can totally see a change in my face and overall body size....which feels good! Anyways you're doing great....10 lbs is a great loss and Im sure you'll be dropping those pounds faster then you can keep up....most likely you've lost a lot of inches and some people say they go through periods of losing pound then inches. Take care!! Janelle N. Santa Monica, CA
rowEn
on 3/19/06 2:16 am - Huntsville, AL
I am 12 days out as of this morning. So far I'm doing pretty good. Had quite a bit of pain in the beginning, but feeling pretty darn good now. Spent most of yesterday outside helping my husband get our garden in shape for Spring. Still not lifting much, but just being outside and moving was nice. Of course, today is rainy, so bleh on the weather! I think I've lost about 20 pounds total, according to my scale here at home.
robinsaxton
on 3/19/06 7:06 am - Columbia, MD
Hi phyllis, I am 4 days out and hurting ALOT! But I know that'll pass. I think its gas and I have been drinking ice cold water. Gonna switch to broth and room temp water to see if that helps. I also am gonna have my dear hubby pat my back and see if that'll help me burp up some gas. I really hope that is all this pain is from. I am terrified of having something go wrong. I was told that my sip test the day after surgery showed that things are draining from my pouch really slowly. The doc thinks that'll get better as my bowels wake up and start helping things move along. I am glad you are doing well. I need to move more. I was so exhausted after my shower today. It took so much out of me. I think I'll go for a walk before the suns goes to bed. Love, Robin S.
Impress
on 3/19/06 11:56 am - Irvine, CA
I had my surgery on 3/6/06 and I'm down 22 pounds.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views