Give us an update on how you are doing!

thin2be
on 3/17/06 7:35 am - Houston, TX
I am 9 days out. I feel great, can walk and do household chores with no problem. I have only lost 10 pounds, and I am feeling sad about that, but my sweats that were snug when I came home are quite baggy now?! Come on Marchers, give your updates............ Phyllis
lele2
on 3/17/06 9:52 am - Troutman, NC
Hey, I had my surgery the same day and I am like you, except not sure how much Ive lost. I don't think its over 10 since surgery day but who knows. I am having a hard time getting all my protein in and I want to be lazy some, but now I feel guilty if I am. I have put on a few shirts that I actually haven't had to stretch before putting them on, so that was nice. I am dying for food!! I can't wait til Wed. That one noodle or piece of cheese will be out of this world!! Take care for now!
thin2be
on 3/18/06 1:56 am - Houston, TX
Isn't it amazing how quickly the clothes are a little looser? I'm in heaven! Keep us posted on how you do~
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/17/06 12:16 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Phyllis. I'm 9 days out and doing quite well also. I finally updated my profile tonight. I enjoy walking and have little pain. The biggest struggle is with protein. Those shakes are the bane of my exsistence! YUCK! I'm still searching for something palatable. My clothes are not as tight, but I don't think I've lost ten pounds since the surgery. I'll find out next Tuesday. Perhaps I'll be surprised! Congrats on your 10 pound loss. That's terrific! -Stephanie
thin2be
on 3/18/06 1:58 am - Houston, TX
Stephanie, I love your profile! It's fabulous, and I have visited it twice just to listen to the song It does seem hard to get the right amount of protein--I hope it gets easier! Let us know how you do on Tuesday. Phyllis
Kylie S
on 3/17/06 12:19 pm - Melba, Australia
Hi, 10 days out today (of course its the 18th here). I had open RNY. Am home, doing ok. No real weight loss but as I lost some b4 hand I think thats normal. I can walk. Do a walk around the block each night with my Mum. I am tired and very emotional. All the normal things. Sore tummy and achy but no awful pain. I am very lucky that I am staying with my parents and getting very spoilt. I do not have worry yet about getting back into chores. I have to admit to struggling to get in enough water. I have to admit while I knew I wouldn't be able to gulp fluids, I was completely unprepared for the limited amount I can have at a time. Overall though I think I am looking good. Take care Kylie
thin2be
on 3/18/06 2:00 am - Houston, TX
Kylie, Sounds like you're doing GREAT! Open RNY is much tougher than the LAP RNY. Take it easy and get lots of rest. I'm glad you're walking! Good for you! Keep it up Phyllis
~ Stylz ~
on 3/17/06 1:36 pm - North of Boston, MA
i'm 5 days out and am dealing with gas pains! my stomach is bubbling like crazy and nothing seems like it wants to come out. yesterday i was in so much pain I took roxicet every 4 hours just for the gas pain. other than that i feel good and can get liquids in without a problem
thin2be
on 3/18/06 2:01 am - Houston, TX
I hope the gas is settling down. I am sitting at the computer, and I feel my intestines gurgle. That is most disconcerting! Glad you are doing well except for the yucky gas~ Phyllis
wells403
on 3/17/06 2:12 pm - GA
i had my open rny on 3/6 (monday) and got out of the hospital on the 11th (saturday) went in on tuesday for a f/u and lost 14 lbs. (8 days out) i am doing good energy wise but am limited because of staples down my belly...which don't come out until the 28th.........yuck.... as of today, i have sharp pains in my lower left side ..kinda in my back when i take a deep breath........not sure what that is...if it's not better in a couple days, i'll call my surg. i don't know how my clothes fit, i can't wear anything around my belly... i'm living in sweat pants.....lucky me. anyway, i'm glad all of you are doing well....... hugs, susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views