Any suggestions

AIMES
on 3/16/06 4:36 am - marion, VA
Hey everyone i have 5 days left anyone have any suggestions??
bettyc
on 3/16/06 5:20 am - Covington, LA
Amy you will do great. I had surgery Monday of this week and am amazed how good I feel. I was I risk becaus I am 58 yrs old, 335 at time of surgery, and a lot of scartissue from an old gastroplasty surgery in 1979. I went to day and got a haircut and cooked dinner for my husband yesterday after getting back from the hospital. I actually feel better today than befor surgery--how is that possible. I am not hurgry at all. I would not believe people when they said that but it is true. Good luck girl--Be strong and positive--bj This is how I prepared-- -I lost 15 lbs pre op by doing 2 protein smoothies and 1 high protein low carb meal. -went to water areboics 3 days a week to get strong. I have sever arthitis and knees are bad. I can't even feel the pain now--again how can that be. -My doctor doesn't require a bowl prep of ws week liquid diet. All ate real soft easy to disest food 3 days out, smoothies only (with fruit) 2 days out, and clear liquids the day before surgery. -went into surgery with a good attitude!!! Here are my experiences the first 3 day of surgery. Day 1 Surgery at 7:30 AM--recovery was bad a lot of discomfort. Moved to my room--my the hell did I do this was my thought. I had oxygen, IV, cather, and pump up socks. This stayed all day. Miserable!!!! They got me up to a chair. That night I walked with assistance. Did do sleep at all during the night all the pumps and thing were so noisy. My only thoughts why did I do this. Day 2 Early in the moring all the tubs came out. I got uo and walked --walked--walked. Gas pains were bad on the left side. Once the gas began to pass thing got so much better. The only time in your life you pray to fart. By the evening I was doing good wanted to go home but my surgeon wanted to keep me one more day because of my revision status. Day 3 I can't believe that was yesterday. I was great. Came home about 9:30 AM--hour ride home--no problem. Last night I cooked dinner for DH and felt good. No pain med needed. I took pain meds to go to sleep but only to help me sleep. Day 4 Today. I am excellent!! Went for a haircut, to the bank, and to the nutrition store to buy protein. I have no appetite but have no problem with sipping 64 oz of fluid. Today I have been mixing protein in eater and have gotten in 40 grams of protein and plan to get in 20 more tonight. I am going to a support group meeting tonight.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views