10 Days Post Op-New to board

Shana M.
on 3/15/06 7:03 am - KY
I had my surgery March 6th. So far I had some pain, it's not been bad from the surgery, but I have an infection in one of my incisions that went into my stomach. Oh well, antibiotics will get it. I'm having problems eating and I know I'm drinking water way to much. I've had some mior cravings (when I smell certain foods) but nothing serious. This weekend I'm scheduled to start on water packed cans of food, like tuna. I can't wait. I'm so tired of oatmeal and cottage cheese! I hope everyone's doing well! I think I'm down 20 pounds so far. We'll so about that tomorrow at my Dr. appointment. Has anyone figured out how to actually get down the protein shakes? I suck at it! Thanks! SM
bobsmissy
on 3/15/06 7:54 am
Hi! I am so envious that you are through the surgery-mine is next Wednesday the 22nd. I have noticed a lot of people having a problem with the shakes. I carry an awesome product in my store which is a high protein soup mix. It comes in two flavors and has 15 grams of protein. They are not bad-I mix the cream of chicken with some chicken broth and it is quite good. I don't mind the shakes but I am not a sweet eater and get very tired of the shakes. These soups have really been great and I like eating something with a spoon. Makes me feel like I am eating instead of just drinkiing. The brand name is crem-o-lite. I can ship if anyone cannot find them. Just email me if you want some. Eunice
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/15/06 3:19 pm - My Town, NH
Welcome to the board Shana! I'm glad your infection is being treated! I too have difficulty with the protein shakes. It seems like it takes me forever to get one down! I'm going to try samples of the Nectar line when they arrive tomorrow. Apparently they have more of a fruit juice, rather than milky, consistency and you can get your protein and your water in at the same time. I hope I find at least one flavor I like! So glad you've joined us! - Stephanie
pudgy
on 3/15/06 11:23 pm - Upstate, NY
Hi Shana. I drink the breakfast instant carnation w/no sugar (blue box) mixed with skim milk for a protein drink. It taste 100% better than any protein shake I have found. I havent tried it but I know some people buy the protein powder and mix it in with food. Maybe that would be easier for you. Sorry dont have alot of experience yet It sounds like you had different guidelines with food I see. My surgery was March 8th and I cant try soft foods until today (the 16th). Just went out and bought cottage cheese and oatmeal and looking forward to them Hope you work things out soon. Take care. Karen
xJanellex
on 3/16/06 2:14 pm - santa monica, CA
I tried the Nectar brand Roadside Lemonade and Fuzzy Navel and hated them. They both were thick and not juicy like expected. The Fuzzy Navel tasted like Penicillin! I have the Apple Extacy that I'll try tomorrow. I also ordered the vials of liquid protein and Im waiting for those to arrive. One vial is less than 3 ounces and provides 25 grams of protein. I also ordered the liquid protein you can add into your food. It provides 15 grams of protein in one ounce. Janelle N. Santa Monica, CA Lap RNY 3/2/06
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views