6 days out refusing to buy a scale

Gizmo911
on 3/14/06 10:35 am - Freedom, PA
I am 6 days out and I refuse to buy a scale. I threw my scale out years ago and vowed I would not weigh until my first follow-up. I think I may have lost something or I hope I have but still holding out until next week when I see the DR. My stomach is still quite swollen from the surgery is this normal?
lele2
on 3/14/06 11:50 am - Troutman, NC
My surgery was on the 8th and I am still a little swollen but has gone done quite a bit.
pudgy
on 3/14/06 8:52 pm - Upstate, NY
Wow you have more willpower than me!! I wanted to be weighed while I was still in the hospital because prior to surgery I had been on clear liquids for 3 days. lol I have definitely lost weight according to the scale 15 pounds, but I dont really notice it. My stomach is still a little swollen but gets better day by day. Did you have Lap RNY or Open? Its been 7 days today since my surgery and my biggest problem is getting the fluids down. Been dehydrated most of the time I think. Popsicles seem to be saving me at this point. I will beable to start trying soft foods tomorrow.., which is good, clear liquids is getting a little old. Welcome to the losing side. Take Care. Karen
Gizmo911
on 3/15/06 12:25 am - Freedom, PA
I had the Lap RNY. I was told to stay on clear liquid diet until after my 1st follow-up visit with my surgeon and that is not until next Weds so one more week of clear liquids. It is not bothering me as much as I thought but I am looking forward to moving on to the next stage of eating. I am not hungry (which surprises the heck out of me) and am not craving anything. I think my stubborness over not buying a scale is the fact that I know no matter how much I loose in the beginning it will not be enough to satisfy me...............so in order not to set myself up for disapointment I would rather just stay away from it. If I lost 5 lbs I would wi**** were 10lbs and if it were 10lbs I would wi**** were 15lbs etc....etc....etc...and good forbid if I gained. I am just silly like that. I threw out the scale years ago because everytime I was on a diet if I didn't loose I would get disgusted and fall off the wagon and if I did loose I would get ****y and eat something I shouldn't (nothing like being your own worst enemy) but I am considering this surgery my 2nd chance and if it means never knowing how much the scale says and measuring food for the rest of my life I am committed to doing whatever it takes to spend the rest of my life thin!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck and keep me posted on your progress.
ddove74
on 3/17/06 2:25 am - Burbank, CA
Hi Denise: Today is my 1 week post-op. I too have a bit of swelling. The surgery itself went fine without a hitch, thank God!! I found that by walking, it has truly helped with my pain. I started the day of surgery and have kept doing it. I too am waiting for my first visit to purchase a scale. I'm sure we both lost something, I just don't know how much. It will be a nice surprise to see the numbers in his office. I hope all continues to go very well for you. ~Danielle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views