So much to tell!

peanutla30
on 3/14/06 7:57 am - Bossier City, LA
First, I added a picture, so ya'll could see the 'before' me before I become the 'after' me! Second, I got APPROVED yesterday. I already had my date, but I finally got the word yesteray. Now, I will have my EGD this Friday and surgery next Thursday. It's really real now! Third, today is my 2 week anniversary of no smoking. I quit 2 weeks ago, cold turkey. I never thought I could do that. If I can do that, I can do ANYTHING!! Thanks for listening to my babble! Marcie
all_of_me
on 3/14/06 9:29 am - Cincinnati, OH
i quit smoking 2 weeks ago today also. still want one but i know from experience that it hinders the healing to smoke before or after a surgery of any kind. my surgery is the 23 as well. can't wait. good luck on everything.
A_brand_new_me
on 3/14/06 7:27 pm - NC
YAY MARCIE!!! We have so mu*****ommon. I am also schedule for 3-23 and I got my approval yesterday 3-14 and I have my (2nd) EDG this thursday, lol. Isn't this an exciting (yet nerve wrecking) ride? We will soon be among the LOSERS!!!
ap7yrs
on 3/15/06 12:13 am - usedtobe, NY
Good luck Marcie! I'm 35 and having my surgery on the 20th. Can't wait to see how this all goes. It won't be long before we're chatting from the other side!
bobsmissy
on 3/15/06 4:57 am
I also quit smoking 2 weeks ago-I still want one too but it really is so much better not to-less chance of leaks. I am on the 2 week protein shake diet with 1 very small meal /day. Really having a hard time with this and have messed up a couple of times. My surgery is the 22nd-getting really nervous-feel like crying most of the time. The combination of no smoking, very little eating and woor about the surgery has me a little nuts. Reading the messages has really helped keep me sane. Just hearing what everyone else is going through is wonderful-misery likes company. We will all be great!!!!! Eunice
Heather_O
on 3/15/06 5:45 am - WI
Hi Marcie Its nice to finally see your face!!! Good Luck on the up comming surgery!!! CONGRADULATIONS for quiting smoking I smoked for 10 years and quit cold turkey 2 years ago so I know how tuff it is. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!! Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views