Surgery scheduled 3-22-06

d49howell
on 3/14/06 12:04 am - Colorado Springs, CO
I'm scheduled for RNY a week from tomorrow. I'm excited, I'm nervous, I'm scared, I'm ready to start a new life, I'm alot of things. I feel I should be more excited than scared but sometimes I'm not. Is this normal?
BabyRuth2u
on 3/14/06 1:42 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Deb, yes it is normal I'm told. I am scheduled that same week also. On Friday March 24th. I am feeling the same things. I go from one minute to the next being excited and ready, feeling calm about it, then next thing I know I'm like "should I be doing this" etc. It is a definate roller coaster ride. For every reason I can think of why to do it, I think of one to not do it and vice versa. I just keep reminding myself of all the times I've lost weight in my life, amounts up to 112 lbs, to only gain it back. I know I need this tool to help me keep it off. I know that if I continue on this way, my weight going up, up and down and health conditions worsening things aren't going to be pretty. So I know I need to do it, even with all the possible scarey stuff. I'm trying to be positive as I've been told to think and it works most times, like now. I've been feeling good about it since my talk with my husband last night when I was like "I don't think I want to do this". LOL See it goes back and forth! You'll be fine. Good luck and talk to you soon!
d49howell
on 3/15/06 1:59 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Hi Ruth, Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm sure that we both are going to be fine and saying that this was the best thing we ever did for ourselves.. why did we wait so long. But this week before is really an emotional roller coaster ride as you said. I wish you Good Luck and will talk with you soon.
dana's_sister
on 3/15/06 3:17 am - Leesburg, FL
Hello we are surgery date twins !. It is so good to know that I am not the only one going through the emotional roller coaster. Deb, when I read you post I was like OMG she is reading my mind! All I can say is this, I have researched and I am ready to be on the loosing side. I am sure these are the types of emotions every one in our shoes have had at one time or another. Just trust and believe in GOD and I am sure things will be fine. Good luck to you and HAPPY SURGERY DAY ! Dena
d49howell
on 3/16/06 1:38 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Hi Dena, How is my surgery twin today? I'm feeling really good about next week. I've made some changes to my kitchen and am so happy to be getting started soon. Later today, I'll probably feel the other way, but I'm just trying to focus only on the positive. Good luck to you. Take care, talk with you soon. Hugs! ~deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views