Question About Bowel Prep

Mama-of-3
on 3/13/06 10:59 pm - Philadelphia area, PA
Hi Everyone! As my time approaches quickly, I need to know if there is anything I can do to make this unpleasant phosphate bowel prep liquid tollerable? It's lemon flavor, should I mix it with a Diet Sprite Zero or something else? The packaging cracks me up. It says "must be taken on an empty stomach at least 30 minutes before a meal or at bedtime for OVERNIGHT ACTION!" hahaha overnight action. hahaha. Ok, maybe it isn't that funny, but it gave me the giggles. ACK! Not looking forward to this tomorrow. GOT HINTS? please send them my way. Otherwise I may just squeeze my nose and guzzle?!? Trish
rowEn
on 3/14/06 12:48 am - Huntsville, AL
Oh my, just thinking about that day is almost enough to make me feel sick again! I chugged mine a few oz at a time, then would chug down some water in between. Drink as much water as you can for the rest of the day to stave off the dehydration headache. I didn't eat the day before, which made it a lot easier. Full liquids on Sunday, then clear liquids on bowel prep day. After drinking that stuff, water was about all I could stomach.
funnygirl
on 3/14/06 1:14 am - Clayton, DE
Hi Trish, Eeekkk that sounds nasty. I didn't have a bowel prep before surgery...Thank goodness..I just couldn't eat two days before surgery...clear liquids only. Good luck Kathy
lele2
on 3/14/06 1:48 am - Troutman, NC
The only way is to turn and guzzle!! Drinking something in between may help, but I just turned it up because I wanted to get it down and over with. That day was probably the worst I felt the whole 2 weeks being on liquids!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views