5 days post op and feeling great!!

Gizmo911
on 3/13/06 9:38 am - Freedom, PA
I had my surgery on 3/8/06 and feel great. I never expected to feel this good so soon. I am hoping it keeps feeling like this and I have no set backs. Anyone else feel really good? I have experienced more pain when my back goes out on me. I am not complaining just prepared myself for the worst prior to surgery.
thin2be
on 3/13/06 12:34 pm - Houston, TX
Denise, I also had surgery 3/8, and I feel great as well! I had much less pain than I expected--some, but not nearly what I thought. I have walked a mile for the past three days, I cleaned my bathroom, cleaned out my drawers, did all of our laundry, vacuumed and mopped, and watched a million hours of television. Saturday Sunday and today were all much better. Friday I was still pretty sore. I am so relieved and delighted!
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/13/06 9:28 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Denise. I am one week post-op today and am also surprised at how well I am managing things. The most difficult part is just getting all of the protein and water in. I'm improving every day in that arena. Glad to hear that you are feeling so good! - Stephanie
Lucy A.
on 3/13/06 9:36 pm - Janesville, WI
Hi Denise! I am 2 weeks post op tomorrow. I was a March 1st baby!! I am feeling wonderful as well and am so glad to hear the same about you! I had thought avout taking 3 weeks off of work and I am pretty sure that I will be going back this Monday. I am kind of waiting for the set back, but praying that it never comes. I feel so bad when I read about some of our March friends who are having a more difficult time...that maybe I shouldn't toot my horn as much as to how well I am feeling. I know that we are all different...I just wish everyone could feel as well as we do. Congratulations Denise and please keep me posted as to how you are doing! Have a great day! Lucy
rowEn
on 3/13/06 10:02 pm - Huntsville, AL
For the most part I'm feeling pretty human again. I've got a giant, horrible bruise on the front of my stomach where they took part of the inside of my abdominal wall (part of a study) and that is causing me much more pain than the actual bypass surgery. Still, I don't regret it at all, since the extra liver biopsy part, extra 2" of intestine (which I'll never use again), and abdominal wall fat go to study Chron's disease. I've known people with that disease and figured my little bit of pain is worth it in the long run. I did a bunch of laundry yesterday and today I'm already in a cleaning mood, so I think the bathrooms will get done. I'm not taking the lortab during the day, just at night. Yesterday I was pretty sore and had a headache by 7pm, so I took a dose and immediately felt better. I think if I had the liquid tylenol I ordered online, I could take that during the day instead and feel a lot better. I'm glad everyone is doing so well!! I would imagine, being a week out today, that I'll break down and step on the scale. Have a great day everyone! Michelle
Mama-of-3
on 3/13/06 11:06 pm - Philadelphia area, PA
I am so glad to hear that everyone is feeling so great so quickly after surgery. I hope to be up and moving quickly as well. It is so great to hear it isn't as bad as i'm imagining. Going to pack my hospital bag now. Doing the yucky bowel prep tomorrow then off to the hospital Thursday morning. Trish
funnygirl
on 3/14/06 1:11 am - Clayton, DE
I had my surgery on 3/9 and I am feeling great too!!! I called the doctors office to schedule my 2 week and asked when I should expect the bad stuff to happen. She said as long as I stay away from sugar I should do great. I can't believe it. I love it. But aren't you girls doing an awful lot after surgery? Laundry? Cleaning? I thought the plan was no strenous activity? Can't even have sex for 4 weeks so I can't imagine all the strenous acitvities you all are doing is good. Please let me know if there is something I don't know. Glad you guys are doing and feeling great though!!!! Kathy
rowEn
on 3/14/06 3:33 am - Huntsville, AL
Well, I wouldn't exactly call doing laundry strenuous I drug the basket across the floor and pretty much sorted into the washer or onto the floor. My daughter's timing was perfect, as she got home right about the time the frist load was done drying, so she pulled it all out and I sat on the bed and helped her fold it. And the bathroom didn't get cleaned today. Today's goal is to not nap so I can hopefullly sleep through the night
lyly
on 3/14/06 4:51 am - Plainfield, NJ
I'm scheduled tomorrow for surgery and asked my surgeon about how long to wait before I resume having sex. He responded by saying if you are up to it then go ahead. He just asked that I wait a week after returning home. -Lynn
riotgrrl
on 3/14/06 1:20 am - stroudsburg, PA
omg.. i wish i was writing to say i felt great too, but i feel like crap! the first few days were awesome! i was out running errands, doing light housework, gave myself showers. now the last two days i have felt like i was run over by a truck. i am not getting enough protein in. i cant stand any of the powders and the no sugar added carnation instant breakfast makes my stomach turn. i cant wait to start pureed because i know thats when my energy will return. the good news is ive lost 15 lbs in the last few days since surgery. mine was 3/8 also
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views