First evidence is in 5 days out... Wow

pkiriakos
on 3/12/06 8:33 am - Pflugerville, TX
Greetings all. Well just for the heck of it this morning I stepped onto the scales and I'm officially at 355 lb.... Have not seen that number appear in well over 2 likely 3 years. (Pre-surgery was 368, and first consult was 384) Damn I feel good. Learning more each day how to tune my nutrient intake to help tune energy levels, seems like some cream of something soup made with water and using the Whey Protein, followed up with Multivitamins seem to do the trick. We also made a trip to Whole Food Markets and discovered a couple of nice pre-made soups (Which we blend of course) and a Adult Chewable vitamin that has a more rounded amount of the recommended supplements by our nutritionist. We've been out for several nightly twenty minute walk for the last two nights, and been able to fit in some extra 15 minute walks on the treadmill... doing that also to help get some deep breathing going when when the waves of pain come in. Speaking of which I've been able to stretch the pain medication to once every 7 - 7 ½ hours. Oh yes... and the gas.... the gas... you guys we're not at all kidding about the gas. When my gosh does that mellow out a little.??? So we're out of the gate and moving along. Look forward to seeing everyone at the next meeting. Thanks, Pete Kiriakos
melhardman2
on 3/12/06 9:42 am - Anderson, IN
Pete, CONGRATS!!! That has to be a great feeling being able to see results that quickly! I'm sooooo happy for you! I can't wait to be on the losing side with ya!
Whispering_Stone
on 3/12/06 12:11 pm - Muskegon, MI
That is wonderful Peter! Congrats!!!!
pudgy
on 3/12/06 9:21 pm - Upstate, NY
Hi Pete. Wow you are doing great, awesome for you! Please tell me your secret!! lol I had my lap RNY 3/8 and the constant nausea is getting the best of me at the moment. After talking to other post-op's I think it may be dehydration. I cant believe you can eat cream soup already. lol Wow. ..I cant even try soft foods until next week per my Dr. Im definitely losing weight, looks like im down about 15 pounds already but I feel terrible. Just constant nausea. Just a question...did you drink (sip) constantly. I thought i should only drink 2oz every 10 minutes, but i dont know now. Its taking me all day to get 1 16oz bottle of water down. Any ideas?? Thanks..and congratulations of your success. Karen
thin2be
on 3/12/06 10:12 pm - Houston, TX
I am five days out also, but I have only lost about 3 pounds from my hospital weigh in weight--10 pounds from the "fluid" gain in the hospital. I have been drinking about 50-60 ounces of water a day, and I am on clear liquids, so I have about one cup of broth in addition. I have walked one mile two days in a row, but I get awfully sore afterwards--like my insides were jiggled too much. Otherwise, feeling good. Sounds like you are doing awesome--good for you! Keep it up! Phyllis
Lucy A.
on 3/13/06 5:06 am - Janesville, WI
Fantastic Pete!!!!!!! You are certainly an inspiration for all of us! I was just wondering if the vitamins you found were the Centrum cewables? Continued Success to you each day Pete! Lucy in WI 03/01/06 lap RNY 304/270
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views