Anybody with DOGS???

jennb40
on 3/11/06 9:54 pm - Nashua, NH
I have 2 obnoxious pugs...TJ and Sam...and they are s-p-o-i-l-e-d! I am having surgery on Monday and not sure what to do with them when I come home. Their favorite place to "rest" is on me! Not sure I can stand the whining if I partition them off from me. I have bought a body pillow and guess I will just have to be a "meanie" and keep them away...will they be so out of joint! Perhaps taking them on walks will help me and them! Not sure why I am going on about this...guess it takes away the anxiety of thinking about starting the "poop" juice at 10:00 this morning!!!! I am betting tomorrow the pugs may not even enter my morphine pumped mind...will be in "lala" land for a few hours! So if any of you are already home and have spoiled dogs, let me know what you did! Good luck MARCHers - can't wait to join you on the "losers" bench! Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/11/06 11:32 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Barbara. I don't have spoiled dogs anymore but do have three (yes, three!) very spoiled cats. They tend to jump up onto my stomach and settle in for naps. Two of them are Maine Coons so they weigh more than a small dog! Since I've been home, they have been a little annoyed that their previous behavior isn't allowed. My legs, however, are still fine for sleeping and I just move them to my legs. That seems to work. They will sense that you are hurting a bit and will want to be close to you. You will enjoy their company too! It's very soothing to pet our furry friends while recovering. Perhaps you can encourage them to sleep "next" to you rather than "on" you. And I am sure they will enjoy those walks with you! I will be sending good thoughts your way tomorrow for a smooth surgery. Take care of yourself! - Stephanie
Valerie J.
on 3/12/06 12:16 am - Casper, WY
Barbara, Are you having open or lap surgery? I just had the lap and only have 5 very small cuts on my upper tummy, nothing below the waist. The Doc only put a small steri strip on each opening (I'm allergis to the sticky on the tape and band-aids). Then they put an elastic band about 6 inches wide all around me for support. Although I was very sore when my dogs jumped on me I just slid then to be more on my lap than my stomach. I'm 10 days post-op and 3 are healed and only 1 of the 2 left is a bit touchy. My 2 little grandkids, 2 yrs.and 3 yrs love to jump on me and hug and I have had no problems. Good luck with your surgery tomorrow and we'll be waiting for you to join us on the losers side. Valerie
hugabug
on 3/12/06 5:03 am - Saugus, CA
Hi Barbara, Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a textbook surgery. Hopefully your babies may know you are hurting and stay off you!! The previous post said your lap will be fine. I have a Doberman and she likes laying on me too, but I guess I will just have to put my foot down and make her listen. Ha Ha, we know who is in control. See you on the losers side. Shari
Mama-of-3
on 3/12/06 6:31 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Barbara, You are TOO CUTE! I love reading your posts and replys for they are always encouraging and sweet. I will be thinking of you when you have your surgery. I am not too far behind ya. Best of luck to you. I have one dog, probably the world's best dog, a ****apoo named "Sir Duke Of Cambridge" we live at the end of the street (Cambridge Rd) and he is the neighborhood spoiled dog. Your puppies will love ya whether they can rest of you or whether you toss them off the couch. =) Take is easy, rest, and then come back and tell us your story. Hugs~~ Trish
Mary M.
on 3/12/06 7:10 am - Livonia, MI
I also have a very spoiled Pug named Angel. They are the best, just like little babies. I know they would never tolerate being separated from you. So enjoy your LALA land and have a speedy recovery. My puggy is a little fat, she needs to lose 5 pounds, so the walking post op will really help both of us. See you on the other side. Good Luck and God Bless, Mary
RieRie
on 3/12/06 8:03 am - somewhere, IL
I have two dashounds, yeah try to tell them they cant do something. I just put my hands over my incision when they first come in. and then moved them to comfortable spots and made them stay there or get down. my oldest seemed to understand and started climbing on the back of my chair he seems to like it up there and nuzzles his head in my hair. good luck. love marie
enzyme
on 3/12/06 2:23 pm - jersey shore, NJ
I have a boxer named Enzyme. She's about 60lbs of pure muscle, hyperactivity and doesn't know she's not human. She isn't aware of my surgery yet. I don't know how to break the news to her.
hanvey3252
on 3/13/06 3:55 am - Clarksville, TN
I am 11 days post-op and have a yorkie who knows no bed except ours! About a week before surgery, I started putting her in a kennel to sleep. She was not a happy camper. when I came home from the hospital I sat around the house with a pillow over my belly. (I had lap surgery). She immediately sensed something was not right with mommy and she now tip-toes over my belly. It is the funniest thing to watch. When bedtime comes, I just shift her to the bottom of the bed by our legs and she is find. Good luck with your surgery, hope it beats all of your expectations. God Bless! Donna
cutiebootz
on 3/13/06 7:06 am - milwaukee, WI
PUG LOVER 2!!!!!! I have a Pug named Shorty and one Named Sasha! I am going to have the same problem when I have my surgery in June! Take care and have a smooth surgery and speedy recovery!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views