March 20th and what if?

Amy I.
on 3/11/06 1:26 pm - KS
It is getting closer and closer! I am starting to get a little concerned about the what if's! My husband reasures me that I will be fine but you know.... What if! What are some of you doing to fight the what if's? Amy I
xJanellex
on 3/11/06 1:45 pm - santa monica, CA
Hi Amy, I had Lap RNY on 3/2 and the "what if's" were always on my mind. I have 4 kids so my first "what if" was of course death. I had numerous "what if's" but what dominated those thoughts were the positives i.e. being healthier, being more active with my kids, having the energy to do things, having a better self image, and having the inside match the outside. What you are doing for yourself is a great gift! Dont forget why you are doing this....all will be well!!! Congrats on your upcoming surgery! ~Janelle N. Santa Monica,CA
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/11/06 11:38 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Amy. The "what ifs" are common and I certainly had my share of them. I began asking myself "what if I DON'T do this?" That seemed to help me. There were a lot more issues on my list if I didn't have the surgery than there were on list if I did have the surgery. I'm 6 days out and am happy that I didn't listen to all of my "what ifs"! Best of luck to you on the 20th. We'll be thinking of you! - Stephanie
ap7yrs
on 3/12/06 4:15 am - usedtobe, NY
Hi Amy, Unbelievable!! I'm also having surgery on the 20th in Boston. I thought I would be freaking out alot more than I am. I actually have a good perspective on the whole thing. My husband is a stats professor, so he's able to talk me down by explaining the likelihood that I'll die from the surgery versus the likelihood that I'll die of an obesity related illness. I have 2 kids and for that reason I'm terrified. I'm definitely not having second thoughts, but I'm most definitely scared out of my mind. I was just saying on my profile that I'm not really going to be able to relax until the danger time is over (I think a few weeks out) for pulmonary embolism, infection, leaks, etc...The risk of any of these is so low, but still...we have to worry and be vigilant about doing our part to ensure our safety. Let's keep in touch, it will be fun to watch our progress together. Kris
Mama-of-3
on 3/12/06 6:38 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Amy, EVERYBODY goes through the "What ifs" I'm sure of it. BUT.....I have decided that I am going to focus on the positive only. There are many other "what ifs" you could worry about if you DIDN'T have the surgery. I am so confident and excited that I am anxiously awaiting Thursday to get here. Sure there is anxiety, but I am convinced this is the best thing for me and my family and if you feel a bit overwhelmed and need to vent or talk to cry or whatever, email me. I'll give you my number we can chat. I'm here for EVERYBODY and anybody. Take a minute and look at some of the before and after photos and that will give you a big boost of confidence. In a year or so, somebody else will be looking at our photos and hoping to start their journey. Dont be afraid! Trish
Amy I.
on 3/13/06 4:25 am - KS
Thanks to all of you. I am fairly confident just you know.... I have a lot to live for. Two great kids and a great husband! ( they are very supportive!) But my life will be better after this. I can start my life over @36! And really I can't wait! I found a profile that has inspired me to do my very best. Thanks again! Good luck to all of you. AmyI
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views