5 more days!! Wow.

hugabug
on 3/10/06 1:17 pm - Saugus, CA
I too am excited and nervous. My thoughts are, what am I giving up? At this point I don't care. After 6 months of classes, going to support groups, all the pre-op, I just feel ready to begin this journey. Thanks to everyone for your support. I love reading the messageboards and have gained much needed knowledge. I can't wait to be on the loser's side and hope to continue to read the posts and post too. Shari
robinsaxton
on 3/10/06 11:27 pm - Columbia, MD
HI Shari, I'll be joining you on the 15th. I had my pre-op appts yesterday. It was great. I am excited. Although I am a bit nervous because I know that for awhile I won't be able to have food. I am preparing mentally and really praying for strength. I have to realize that food is no longer my best friend (like it ever was, but you know what I mean). I am ready to give up my old life and gain all of the wonderful things that my new life will bring. I'll be thinking about you this week. God bless! Robin S.
hugabug
on 3/10/06 11:59 pm - Saugus, CA
Hi Robin, I really liked what you said about food being our best friend. I too need to mentally prepare myself for this big change. Thank you!! I'm defintely ready for the change. I hope you have a speedy recovery and hope we keep in touch. I will also keep positive thoughts for you this week. See you on the lighter side. Take care, Shari
Lucy A.
on 3/11/06 12:17 pm - Janesville, WI
Hi Shari... I had the same thoughts and then the day after surgery, I was like...."oh my gosh....what did I just do?" Now.....YIPPEEEEE. The best decision I have ever made for myself. I think we are so used to doing for others that it doesn't feel right doing something "just for us". You so deserve this!!! I'll be waiting to hear from you! I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! Lucy
hugabug
on 3/11/06 2:26 pm - Saugus, CA
Hi Lucy, I hope you are doing as well as you sound! Yes, we deserve this and we are doing it. I will defintely keep you posted. Shari
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views