Just got home!!!!!

Heather_O
on 3/9/06 10:21 am - WI
Hi Everyone Everything went really well and the pain is really not as bad as I thought it would be when I first woke up it was bad but after they gave me control of my morphine pump I wasnt feeling much pain LOL. My doctor and the nurses were so impressed by how much I walked when they wanted me to take a short walk at first I couldnt do it because I got super pale and they were afraid I was going to pass out but I tried later that night and did good and just kept doing it over and over again after I started it really made me feel better and I think thats why I dont need to take the full doses of my pain meds. So I hope that info helps all the up comming Marchers. I'll update my journal tomorrow but I just had to get on here to let you all know how I was doing. Heather
bananajana5
on 3/9/06 10:27 am - Jackson, TN
Glad you are doing GREAT Heather!!! Keep up the walking. I hear the gas pain is the most painful, is that so and how long does it last?? I am Monday....Jana
Heather_O
on 3/10/06 12:45 pm - WI
The gas pain is pretty bad because if you have lap RNY they pump air into your belly. the burping is very uncomfortable because it feels like its trapped my husband said that the noise I made kind of sounded like a cat purring. But the burping gets better within a couple of days. the other gas pain is a different story today I started taking Colace to help move things along I still havent had a bowel movement but I'm finally passing gas GOD IT FEELS GOOD hope I didnt gross you out to much and I hope that helps GOOD LUCK MONDAY Heather
bettyc
on 3/9/06 10:39 am - Covington, LA
You sound excellent!! Hope you continue to get stroner every day. I am following you on Monday. Be strong-be positive bj
RieRie
on 3/9/06 10:40 am - somewhere, IL
Great Heather just great. good luck. love marie
Lucy A.
on 3/9/06 11:14 am - Janesville, WI
Heather!!!!! I'm so glad to hear from you!!! It sounds like you are doing fantastic...atta girl! I am so proud of you! Just wanted to know that I am thinking of you and sending prayers fpr a speedy recovery your way. Take Care my special WI Friend! Lucy
ddove74
on 3/9/06 1:45 pm - Burbank, CA
Hi Heather: I'm so glad to hear that everything went well. I have my surgery tomorrow morning, and I am a bit nervous, but more excited to begin my new life. Keep us posted as to how you are progressing. God Bless you, ~Danielle
jennb40
on 3/9/06 7:51 pm - Nashua, NH
Hi Heather, I am so glad you are home and everything is going ok for you. Sounds like the walking is the best thing you can do. Have a nice weekend and sip, sip, sip!!! Barbara
hugabug
on 3/9/06 9:10 pm - Saugus, CA
Hi Heather, Glad to hear you are doing okay and the pain wasn't as bad as you expected. Keep up the walking, I heard it really helps. I will follow you Wednesday. Take care, Shari
Mary M.
on 3/10/06 11:28 am - Livonia, MI
Congrats on your smooth procedure. I also like that name "Marchers". It really fits. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. Good Luck, Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views