Home

rowEn
on 3/9/06 6:13 am - Huntsville, AL
I'm home. In quite a bit of pain from the surgery and gas, but i just took some gas-x and hopefully that will help. I never thought i'd be so happy to pass gas!! I have 7 incisions, extras were for being part of two different studies. I let them take a little of my intestines as well as part of the abdominal wall. THAT is the one that hurts and is bruised to heck and back. I'm going to go get back on the couch and wait for my husband to get home with the pain meds. Haven't had any since last night and right this minute I'm regretting that. Welcome home post-ops and good luck pre-ops!
bettyc
on 3/9/06 6:36 am - Covington, LA
I hope the meds help to releive your pain and no other group of people will understand --I hope you pass gas. Good luck and let us hear from you when you fill better. Be strong and be positive. bj
Lucy A.
on 3/9/06 8:21 am - Janesville, WI
Congratulations on being on the losing side!!! I'm so happy that you are doing so well. I am 8 days post op and feeling great. You will be soon!!! Keep us posted and take care! Lucy
jennb40
on 3/9/06 8:05 pm - Nashua, NH
Glad you are home and sorry you are having some "gas" problems! You must ready Lucy's post about the gas, the cat, and the DH... too funny! Take care of yourself...or rather let your hubby take care of you for a few days. Save us Marchers coming behind you a place on the loser's bench! Have a nice weekend and sip, sip, sip!!! Barbara
rowEn
on 3/9/06 9:52 pm - Huntsville, AL
Thank you guys for the nice replies! I'm actually feeling a bunch better this morning. If I only take 2 tsp of the Lortab I don't have a lot of pain and it isn't knocking me for a loop. Still not sleeping more than a few hours at a time, but I'm sure I'll get over that soon enough. Had 2oz of chicken soup for b'fast this morning, after my vitamin and prevacid tabs. In a little bit I'll take one of the calcium doses. I need to read the insert to the b12 drops that I got to see when I can take those as well. Took a shower yesterday after I had a nice dose of meds. It is nice to smell like me again rather than the hospital. I'm just going to putter around the house today and keep walking to keep the gas moving. Passed quite a bit last night while I was sitting upright and felt SO much better afterwards.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views