surgery cancelled!

Elena S.
on 3/9/06 5:17 am - Trumansburg, NY
I posted this morning mentioning how excited I was to have only 4 more days to go. This afternoon at work I got a call saying my surgery was cancelled due to having a high liver count ( whatever that means) and have a doctor apointment on the 14th instead. I was devistated! After almost two weeks on the liquids and spending all this money on the protein drinks and foods that I will be able to eat (not to mention the doctor bills and lab bills etc.) You get the picture..... My friend told me to look at it as a blessing in disguise, maybe, whatever is wrong with my liver wouldn't have been discovered if I haden't had the testing for surgery. And, maybe it's something easily remidied and I'll be back on the surgery chart again soon. I don't know if I can go through another two weeks of this liquid diet again! Well, thanks for listening. Peace, Elena
bettyc
on 3/9/06 5:29 am - Covington, LA
I am so sorry for you. This happened to me I was in the doctors office signing the papers and every thing to go to surgery the following Monday March1. As I was leaving the doctor came after me and told me he had to cancel becasue the surgeon assisting him had cancelled!! It wasn't even me. I had lost 10 lbs on the diet and was syked!. I had to atay in the office about an hour and they gave me the March 13 date. On the way home I was so mad I was turning into Sonic to get a Resses Blast. I didn't kept my head and came home and mopped. Then I decided oh well--I have to make the most of this and have gone to water areboics every day and continued to diet and have lost another 5 lbs. Lone story--make the most of it for your health. Good luck. Be strong and positive bj
Christine W.
on 3/9/06 6:20 am - Seattle, WA
Sorry to hear that, Elena. You have to trust that your doctors are postponing the surgery *for your benefit*. Be glad that they found a potential problem before you are knocked out and opened up. And though the liquid diet is hard, you've found strength to follow through with that diet. Did you lose a few pounds? I bet you did. You're going in the right direction. I'm sure everything will still happen and you'll get the WLS you want eventually. Hang in there and get yourself as healthy as possible in the mean time. Good luck. -Christine Wetmore
Lucy A.
on 3/9/06 8:24 am - Janesville, WI
Elana ~ I can't even imagine your frustration and my heart aches for you. Hang in there. Lucy
lesliep
on 3/9/06 9:56 am - Middleburg Hts., OH
Hi Elena, I was also cancelled three days before my surgery because of an abnormal EKG. I had to wait about a month for a stress test, but it came back okay. My original date was Jan. 20th and the soonest they could get me in was March 24th. I know exactly how you feel--worried enough about WLS and then adding on a potential new worry. All I can say is I'm not quite as worked up about the whole thing this time. I feel very peaceful, maybe I got the bad stress out of the way the first time? My cupboards are still full of stuff and I can't wait until it's over. You're not alone in feeling like this at all! About a year ago my liver profile was off, too. My PCP said blood sugar levels could have been the problem. The next blood test was A-OK. Let us know when you're clear. We'll be thinking of you. Leslie Middleburg Hts., Ohio
Needmytime2
on 3/10/06 1:45 pm - Manistee, MI
They will prob. find you have a fatty liver.. Just another test and you will be back with a date. Hang in there. they are doing a liver bioposy with my surgery due to a high count. Priscilla
Adombro984
on 3/13/06 9:53 am - Toledo, OH
Elena, I'm so sorry to hear about your news. I just got a call from my surgeon's office today and they may cancel my surgery because my fasting blood sugar was high. I have diabetes but didn't have any clue it would be as high as it was. I'm sick to my stomach about it as I'm sure you were when you found out yours was cancelled.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views