March 14th is marching right up!!!

Elena S.
on 3/8/06 10:21 pm - Trumansburg, NY
I am soooo excited! I had some really bad times so far with the liquid diet because I haven't been able to find a protein drink that I can tollerate. I finally did find Isopure but you have to drink so much of it it's not gonna work after surgery. I spent a lot of money trying different drinks and sample packages..... I'm also not tollerating any sugar substitutes (I get yeast infections from them). Sooo the dietition put me on some skim milk and strained mushroom soup. It's ok. I think I need to buy the flavorless whey protein and add it to everything I eat and drink....when that day comes. I just wanted to put a shout out to all my fellow March 14thers! Congradulations, don't lick the TV food commercials, stay strong and remember what brought you to this point in your life. Be safe, drink lots and LOTS of water, think about how wonderful we are gonna be feeling in a short few months from now. I wish everyone a successful surgery and a very speedy recovery. Peace, Elena
bettyc
on 3/9/06 1:19 am - Covington, LA
Oh Elena--without splenda this would be so much harder--poor girl. I go on March 13 and am excited. I weight in at the doctors earler today and had lost a total of 15 lbs on my pre op diet. My doctor doesn't requier it just can't gain but it is recommended to shrink the fatty liver. I have been trying the proteins and have the unflavored Unjury in sf jello and sf pudding but the have splenda. My NUT also recommended strained french onion soup. I made my own chicken broth and froze it. I am such a foodie the liquids must taste good! Here in New Orleans we love to eat. Good luck and stay in touch. Be strong and positive. bj
Mary M.
on 3/10/06 11:33 am - Livonia, MI
As a fellow March 14tiner I would like to also wish you a smooth procedure and speedy recovery. I already bought some of the any Whey flavorless so I can add it to everything I take in, except the popsicles of course. I like the skim milk and strained mushroom soup idea. I think I might try that. Keep in touch with your progress. God Bless, Mary
hugabug
on 3/10/06 12:58 pm - Saugus, CA
Hi Elena, Have you tried the Unjury? I tried the chocolate and non-flavored and so far okay. My surgery is the 15th, so I will see how they are after surgery. Your kind words of wisdom are great. Best of luck and a speedy recovery. Shari
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views