Protein Shakes.

neubian78
on 3/7/06 11:27 am - Colorado Springs, CO
I seem not to sleep to good at night time.knowing that in 13 days I would have crossed over to the other side. I wanted to know what are some good protein shakes since I can't do dairy products.And Like this is really gonna sound stupid but do you drink the whole shake since my pouch will be so small. I have so many questioned.
cathelewis
on 3/7/06 11:59 am
I can't do dairy either. I like Zero Carb Isopure and Nectar protein drinks. I put the vanilla Isopure in the blender with some soy milk and ice and it makes a good vanilla shake. I mix the Nectar with Crystal Light. I'm still preop (March 27) so I don't know about quantity, but your surgeon or dietician can tell you how much of the shake you're supposed to drink. Best of luck on your upcoming surgery! Cathe
xJanellex
on 3/7/06 1:47 pm - santa monica, CA
Congrats on your upcoming surgery! The best protein drinks I have tried are the Worldwide Pure Protein drinks. If you have a Trader Joe's market, they sell them there. They are actually pretty good and dont make me want to throw up. They come in Cappuccino, Frosty Chocolate, and Vanilla Cream. After surgery you will be able to take 4oz every hour. ~Janelle N.
RieRie
on 3/7/06 11:10 pm - somewhere, IL
I am eight days post op and You have to sip the drinks very slowly. I found using a small teaspoon to control the amount helps. they told me to use a sippy cup but I just seem to hold the fluid in my mouth until i feel I have enough to sollow. which is too much. I can only get about three to four teaspoons down then I have to wait a while. The thicker the shake the longer I have to wait and the less I can but in before I have to wait a few minuetes for another bite.. I am sipping something all the time at this stage. and about every two hours I try to make sure it is something with some type of protein in it. Hot things seem to go down better at first but it is getting better at this time. I have also noticed to get in a cold shake I can drink it and then when I am through after waiting about 10 minutes I sip on some hot tea and find it soothing. I would talk to my doc and/ or nut about being lacctose intoralate, maybe you will be able to tolerate it afterward but make sure to talk to them about trying it they may want you to wait awhile as not to aggreviate your pouch early on. Their is also soy milk that can help. At this point my doc only allows Carnation Instant Breakfast as a protein drink. Types of things I am sippy is Chicken broth, broth off of bean soup, potatoe soup broth, yogurt,jello, pudding, gravies, Good luck, love marie If you have any more questions email me.
Valerie J.
on 3/8/06 10:35 pm - Casper, WY
Vivene, GNC sells a clear fruit protein drink called Isopure. It's not overly sweet and is tollerable. You might give that a try. Liguids seem to go through you easily. It takes time to get them down but I was told you I'd be able to do about 60 ml an hour which is about 2 oz. but I can drink more than that in a hour. I'm 8 days post-op. I sip sip sip all day but stop about an hour before a meal and don't start sipping again until an hour after. Best of luck on your surgery Valerie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views