Waaa I am starving!!!

funnygirl
on 3/7/06 7:27 am - Clayton, DE
Ok I am on my first day of liquid and oh my gosh I am a starving lunitic. I want something to eat in the worst way. I can't stand it....what should I do? Kathy
bettyc
on 3/7/06 7:30 am - Covington, LA
Hang in there girl you can do it. Can you make protein shakes? I find they fill me up if I blend them. Can you have sf pudding? That is on my full liquid diet. I make it with Carb Control skim milk and 2 scoops of protein powder. It is filling. betty
ddove74
on 3/7/06 9:53 am - Burbank, CA
LOL....I am too! Honestly though, it does get better. I lost 10lbs. my first week. Now I have my surgery on Friday. So, let's hope I can pull off another 10lbs. by then. Hang in there....it is totally worth it.
Whispering_Stone
on 3/7/06 1:47 pm - Muskegon, MI
I started my liquid diet today also. I found that my protein shakes fill me up, I've been blending them. Around 11pm my mind started wandering, wanting to eat. I just grabed a big glass of water and sat down at the computer. I'm starving right now, but it will pass. Hold on girl! Just remember what the outcome will be in the long run. Hugs Rachelle
Sheri D.
on 3/7/06 10:48 pm - On the edge of, SD
Hi Kathy - I am on my ninth day of the full liquid diet. As the others have already said, it does get easier. The first couple of days, I was starving, and now I am really not very hungry at all. Day 4 was probably the hardest day I had - cried a lot and continually thought about food. Since then it has improved. I just keep telling myself that I only have 6 more days of this and then my surgery. If I can make it through these two weeks of limiting my food intake, I can certainly make it through the surgery and beyond!!! Hang in there.
bettyc
on 3/8/06 12:33 am - Covington, LA
I responded yesterday but hope you are doing better today. We have to take this day by day. Be stron and be positive. bj
Whispering_Stone
on 3/8/06 10:57 am - Muskegon, MI
How are you doing today Kathy? When you take your protein shake does the hunger go away? If so maybe you should just take a couple more protein drinks. I'm cheering for you. Hugs Rachelle
Elena S.
on 3/8/06 10:01 pm - Trumansburg, NY
OMG! I was starving to DEATH!!!! I have been on liquids for 10 days now and if I see another food comercial on TV I'm afraid I'm gonna start licking the TV! I found myself having conversations with myself about how this is a clensing time for me, thinking about the children in the world going to bed hungry and how lucky I am to have the choice. I take disabled folks grocery shopping and out for lunch for a living. Yeah...that was really hard! This Friday I have to take folks to the movies. We'll see how that goes..... Be strong, each day does get a little easier, drink lots and lots of water. I wish you all the success in your surgery and a speedy recovery as well. I'm soooo excited, the 14 is coming soon!!!!
Whispering_Stone
on 3/9/06 6:25 am - Muskegon, MI
I told myself this morning, I did yesterday I can do today. I just haven't been watching t.v. and when the family has dinner, I am not in the same room. Just some little tips I have been finding very useful. I have been drinking over 64oz of liquid a day, the more you drink the fuller you fill. Hugs Rachelle
bananajana5
on 3/9/06 10:24 am - Jackson, TN
Hey Kathy! It does get better!! I also had a terrible headache on the 2 and 3 days..started taking tylenol around the clock...it helped alot!! After that it got much better...My surgery is March 13 and my problem now is I started yesterday and would kill for a piece of CHOCOLATE!!!! That is to only time I really eat sweets (or DID eat sweets!) Anyway, the only things I have been able to have are sf jello, protein drinks, broth and water or crystal light!! I mix my protein with soy milk and drink it down...it does fill me up!! I have lost 14 pounds since I started it. Saturday and Sunday I can not have protein drinks...that is gonna be even tougher!! I think I will need to shop all weekend!!!! Good luck!! See ya on the other side!!! Jana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views