Pre op proceedure over counting the days!!

bettyc
on 3/7/06 5:43 am - Covington, LA
Well MARCHers it is all done but main event. March 13 and I will be MARCHing to better health. Lets all post our experience the first few days. It helps to know what to expect from those who aren't over the bad first few days and weeks.
lyly
on 3/7/06 7:01 am - Plainfield, NJ
Will do!! I intend to keep everyone posted on my experience totally. I have a question. For your pre op testing did they take a chest x-ray along with blood work? Best wishes!!! -Lynn 3/15/06
bettyc
on 3/7/06 7:27 am - Covington, LA
Hi Lynn My PCP required a chest xray and EKG before he would give me my clearance for surgery so since it was done within 30 days I didn't need to repeat these at the hospital. All I had was finance dept. (I'm selfpay), a nurse taking a complete history, met with antheioligist (sp), dietician, and blood work. It was a piece of cake. My surgeon group are part owners of this hospital and it was seamless. We all have private rooms with a bed for a companion if we want one and all large people things. I was dreading driving 30 miles from home but it will be worth it, An entire wing of the hospital is for WLS patients. How cool is that! betty
lele2
on 3/7/06 11:28 am - Troutman, NC
Hey Lynn! All I did at anthes. was blood work. Hey Betty, that sounds cool have a floor just for us "losers" and having stuff for "fluffy" people. I haven't got to see the room that I will be at. Hope its nice and fluffy friendly!
Sheri D.
on 3/7/06 10:52 pm - On the edge of, SD
Hi Lynn - I also had an EKG and a chest x-ray, ordered by the anesthesiologist, along with the blood work. Then met with the physical therapist, dietician and bariatric coordinator before seeing my doctor for pre-op. I think the EKG and chest x-ray were done because of my history with serious asthma (and the fact that my uncle is in the Respiratory Therapy department at the hospital and made sure everyone was aware of my asthma history). Best wishes!!! Sheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views