Great Books!

jennb40
on 3/6/06 10:21 pm - Nashua, NH
I have found a great couple of books that you all might like....one is called "Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery" and it is written by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray. Patt Levine is a writer and cook who had WLS in 2003. The book includes 140 delicious, low fat, high-protein recipes to enjoy in the weeks, months and years after surgery. It has good ideas and tips on stocking your pantry after surgery. The other book is "The High Protein Cookbook which has more than 150 healthy, good low-carb dishes than can be on the table in 30 minutes or less. Each entree has at least 30 grams of protein, less than 15 grams of carbs and under 500 calories. It is written by Linda West Eckhardt and Katherine West Defoyd. I ordered both off Amazon.com and they came in about 3 days. The books are !!! Barbara
swoozie
on 3/7/06 12:02 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
I just got my book in ,, isn't it a wonderful book.. l can't wait to try some of these receipes they look so yummy.. l like the fact that it is devided up between different types of WLS's and for people who don't need dieting.. I still am waiting for Living with Lap Band Surgery,(l think this is the name l forget,, sorry..) but l ordered them both off of amazon.com ...
csauer
on 3/7/06 5:46 am - Middle Sackville, Canada
Thanks for the tip, I think I'll get them when I come back from surgery in 3 weeks.
cathelewis
on 3/7/06 9:03 am
I have "Eating Well After WLS" and I think it's great. I also like "Before and After" by Susan Maria Leach. She has some fabulous recipes in there, and on her website www.bariatriceating.com. You can get it on her website or at Amazon. I have not seen "The High Protein Cookbook." I will have to check it out. Thanks for posting these titles! Cathe
Lucy A.
on 3/7/06 10:15 am - Janesville, WI
Thank you so much Barbara!!! I really needed more of those types pf recipies! You're such a sweetie! I'm going on Amazon.com right now to order it!!! Thanks agian and sending good thoughts and prayers your way as you prepare for your big day! Your March Friend, Lucy
jennb40
on 3/7/06 8:00 pm - Nashua, NH
Hey Lucy...how you feeling girl???? Another good book as Cathe said is "Before & After" by Susan Maria Leach. It has some good recipes in there also. How's it feel on that loser's bench?!!!! Barbara
bettyc
on 3/8/06 12:29 am - Covington, LA
Well Barbara--you and I are "twins" we both go under on the 13th. Don't for get to check the recipes on this site. Check Dame Tooters profile, she seems to be a queen bee on here and has tons of recipes on her site. She is a great person to ask questions of--real straight shooter. MARCHing on bj
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views