5 days post op if you want to know how things are going - surgery 03-01

Lucy A.
on 3/6/06 10:10 am - Janesville, WI
Hi all of my March friends!!!! I have missed you all! Well, I had lap RNY on March 1st and wanted to let you all know the day to day of how things went...just in case there was anything that I might be able to help you with. My best friend Rebecca typed while I dictated to her on my profile. I went through the day of surgery to now with as much detail as I could. I cannot believe how great I feel today, but I wanted to to be honest and say that it was not all fun and games. There is quite a funny story that I can NOW laugh at, but I will just go ahead and read the updated profile. I can already see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is glorious!!! Please email me with any questions. Love to all of my special special March friends! Lucy
Tamara L.
on 3/6/06 10:31 am - Winston-Salem, NC
Thanks Lucy for letting us know how it all went. You are a great sport in laughing at yourself. I'm sure we all will be in the same boat--so thanks for the warning! Keep us updated--we'll be following close behind! Tamara 3/21/06
Lucy A.
on 3/6/06 10:47 am - Janesville, WI
Hi Tamara! ANYTHING that I can do to help! Honestly, it's just one of those things that I wish I would have known, but apologize for the "grossness" of it. Like I said....NOW I can laugh about it and besides...life is way too short to worry about those little things. I am so happy for you on getting your date and wish you all of the best! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns and I would love to help you with anything that I am able. The very very best to you Tamara! Lucy
Tammy M
on 3/6/06 11:08 am - Somers, CT
Lucy - The funniest part of your story is the cat being disgusted with you! Cats have such attitudes! Thanks for sharing such a personal episode!! Best Regards, Tammy Count down: 1 day!
Lucy A.
on 3/6/06 9:44 pm - Janesville, WI
WOW!!!! You must be SO excited!!! WOOHOO! I can't wait to hear from you when you feel up to posting again! Thoughts and prayers are with you Tammy! I am up and around getting breakfast for my son right now and feel great! You will be right there...SOON! Lucy
MelanieB
on 3/6/06 12:03 pm - East Greenwich, RI
Hi Lucy, I, too, had lap-RNY on March 1st! I just came from your profile and read your account so far. Oh my goodness, did I laugh at your story of running to the bathroom! I have been that way today! I had to have my husband help me clean up the bathroom floor one time! Humiliating, but kinda funny! I did make a note to self ..."Remember, just don't fart!" Is this going to be the case from now on?? I had not heard of this side effect before. Did you have your gallbaladder out? I did and was wondering if that was the cause. Anyway, you are a great storyteller. I enjoyed it immensely! Continue with your splendid recovery. Mine has been very smooth to this point... no vomiting but a few pairs of poopy pants! haha I look forward to reading your journal!! Best Regards, Melanie
Lucy A.
on 3/6/06 9:40 pm - Janesville, WI
Hi Melanie! Congratulations on your surgery!!!!!! I did not have my gall bladder out but I have heard...."in liquid...out liquid", so I am BIG hopes that we will "firm up" as our fodd progresses! Congratulations on the "no vomitting!", but if it does happen...as I said, it was not as bad as I thought. Have you noticed any weight loss yet? I am SO happy for all of us Marchers and the entire OH Family. I don't know if I would have done the WLS without my friends support and knowledge here. Please keep me posted Melanie as to how you are doing??? Take Care my friend, Lucy
hugabug
on 3/6/06 6:59 pm - Saugus, CA
Hi Lucy, Very glad you posted and are doing so well. You gave me a smile with your honesty, well appreciated. You gave us valuable information. I hope you keep us posted on how your'e doing. The staff and hospital seemed to know exactly what to need. I visit with the hospital on Wednesday and my surgeon's office. Before you know it, I will be posting post-op. Keep up the good job. Shari
Lucy A.
on 3/6/06 10:14 pm - Janesville, WI
Hi Shari....what a sweetie you are! Yes, the hospital really had it together and the staff was very compassionate. Your appointment tommorrow...and then surgery right around the corner girl! I'm so looking forward to see you as a post-op poster!!! P.O.P. ...I like that! Take Care Shari! Lucy
jennb40
on 3/6/06 8:06 pm - Nashua, NH
Oh Lucy, I am so glad you have gotten through the surgery, and now know that gas is more than a fa--!!!! What a funny story....don't know who I felt sorrier for - you, the cat, or DH!!!! Sounds like you have done wonderfully and I am so excited for you. Please keep posting and let those of us following behind you what we have to look forward too! Keep the loser's bench warm....we are right behind you! Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views