march 23 is my surgery date

sunsets292002
on 3/5/06 11:05 am - calgary, Canada
omgosh..cant believe this...i have so much to do... and i m so scared.. thinking perhaps i have made the wrong choice as the time is getting close.....kinda like gettting cold feet. i never thought this day would come. I have a little support group from friends (my family doesnt know nor will support me) and Im afraid... I feel like i have a million tings to do before i go into the hopstail, and becuz most people around me dont know what im planning, i feel im running like a mad woman doing, finishing things off at work , and getting myself prepared mentally as well as making arrangements for care of my pet, etc. question for all those who had open surgery...where is ur incision and how long is it? any feed back to help me feel ike im not running around with out a chicken , or having second thoughts,,,are welcome. thanks
Mama-of-3
on 3/5/06 11:20 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Hello to you Miss K P!! Ahhh, take a minute to take a deep breath and relax. You are not alone when you say you feel as though you are making the wrong decision and getting cold feet. I think I can say that most of us have had those thoughts too. I know I did, then I really evaluated what I want out of the rest of my life and I know this is the best decision. I know you feel as though there is tons to do before hand and sure there is alot to be done, but dont lose sight of why you started this journey to begin with. You will be fine! We are all here for the same reason and we are going to become eachothers best support. Anytime you feel down or you just want to chat please email me! I am going to work 2 days this week and then i was told from my boss to take as much time off that I needed. =) Trish
xJanellex
on 3/6/06 4:25 am - santa monica, CA
First off congrats on your upcoming surgery. You are doing the right thing. I can understand about the cold feet...I even was thinking about backing out in the hospital an hour before surgery! I know I did the right thing and so are you. I also chose not to tell my family. I only told my mom and husband. For some reason I think they both told others which frustrates me. I told my job I was having abdominal surgery but nothing more. I had a lap RNY so Im not sure about the open. I would imagine it would feel like a c-section and possibly the incision would be as long. Yes, there are many things to get done but just take one day at a time. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. ~Janelle N.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views