weepy?

Tammy M
on 3/5/06 10:55 am - Somers, CT
I don't know why - but I've been feeling just a little weepy lately ::- like today when my 3 year old son was sitting with my husband and just hanging out playing around - I just felt choked up and was thinking - what if something really bad happened to me - I'm so thankful that they have each other because they love each other so much.... and then as I was giving my son his bath tonight I was thinking - God if something happened to me and I died, my son wouldn't remember me - even though I've been with him every day of his life..........I've just been having these moments - it's not like I'm obsessed with dying or anything - they are just fleeting thoughts that flicker across my mind like a dark shadow and I get the "what if's" going on in my head.......... I just love my husband and son so very much - they are one of the biggest reasons I am able to keep my commitment to going through with this - yes I am doing it for myself - but their role in me wanting to better myself is paramount. Just looking at their beautiful faces lately is putting a lump in my throat........... Anyone else getting that kind of lump??? Best Regards, Tammy Count Down: 2 days! I'm STARVING
Mama-of-3
on 3/5/06 11:08 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Tammy, I think what you are going through is very common. I know exactly how you are feeling. I have 3 children and a wonderful husband. My husband keeps worrying about the What if....but I am confident that this is the right thing to do, and I am more excited to start this journey. Keep positive thoughts going! What you have is last minute jitters! I'll keep you in my prayers. You will be JUST FINE!! Hurry back and let us know how everything went. Sending you tons of hugs......... Trish
GayleTx
on 3/5/06 12:22 pm - northeast, TX
So glad you posted this topic......I sniffled around all weekend. Nothing in particular....I'm not scared....but just tears I can't control every now and then. Since you are in the starvation mode, it may be that your blood sugar is falling low. I'm a diabetic and when my sugar gets low that is my first symptom.......tears! Also, we are leaving behind our old way of life, crappy as it may have been at times...a little bit of mourning going on, I think. Best wishes for the week ahead of you......and you just cry all your want to! It's a great stress-reliever! Hugs, Gayle
jennl
on 3/5/06 9:35 pm - hampton, VA
I am going through the same thing. The what ifs won't stop. My son woke up at 3am this mornng I was holding him and just balling he was looking at me like I was crazy. I think its normal we are going to have a major life and body change. It will all be worth it. Jenn
jamey0509
on 3/5/06 11:11 pm - Charlotte, NC
Hi guys, We've been posting about this on the NC board....many of us are going through a roller coaster of emotions right now...I've cried over stupid things lately and then laughed because I don't know why I'm crying. Thank goodness for this site...I don't know if I could go through with it without the support of everyone here.
xJanellex
on 3/6/06 4:31 am - santa monica, CA
I completely understand. The night before surgery was so emotional for me. My 3 year old didnt understand but my 7.5 and 8.5 yr olds did. The looks on their faces made me ball. They were worried I wouldnt make it through. It is an emotional journey but you will make it through and be able to be a more active mom for them. You are doing a great thing for yourself and for them! Congrats on your surgery! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I had surgery on the 2nd and although Im still in a little pain I know I did the right thing. ~Janelle N.
Lucy A.
on 3/6/06 10:19 am - Janesville, WI
Hi Janelle! I had surgery on the 1st and just wanted to say congratulations for the surgery and for the great support you have for our March friends even when you are in pain yet. It is amazing what just one day will do to make you feel better. PLease stay strong and I'm excited to watch us lose together!!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Lucy
krstevens
on 3/6/06 6:20 am - South Milwaukee, WI
Tammy, Only 2 more days, you can do it. Think of how far you have come and all the wonderful things you have yet to experience. You will come out of your surgery just fine, do not worry! Your doctors are reputable and have plenty of experience in this area, have confidence. I, too, worried about what if I died, but I no longer think of it. You are doing this for you and your family and they love you and offer the support you need. Don't think about the negative, only the positive. Keep your head up, you can do it! Kimberly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views