Surgery coming and I am Scared

funnygirl
on 3/5/06 12:40 am - Clayton, DE
Hello Everyone, Well my BIG day is approaching and I have been busy with my last appointment with Dr. Bianci and my pre op. Everything went great up until I talked to the anesthesiologist. I am so scared. They are telling me that my esophagus and mouth are small and they may have to insert the breathing tube while I am still awake...sedated but awake...I have been thinking about it constantly and just can't believe it. I just had surgery in June of 05 and they never had any problems. So whats up with this..everyone tells me that due to the sedation I won't remember it and won't even care but yea right...I feel sick just thinking about it right now. I can deal with the rest of it but that. What should I do? Has anyone else had this issue? Help!!! Soon to be joining you on the loosing side Kathy
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/5/06 1:44 am - My Town, NH
Hi Kathy. I don't have any words of wisdom to offer you concerning the breathing tube issue. I just wanted to offer support! I think the entire surgery is scary due to all of the unknowns. I've been telling myself that the surgeon and anesthesiologist will do whatever they need to do to perform the safest surgery possible. I hope that inserting the breathing tube while you are awake is not necessary! But if it is, you will still be able to have a successful surgery and the reward of losing weight will hopefully erase any bad memories! All the best, Stephanie
Sheri D.
on 3/5/06 3:36 am - On the edge of, SD
I know what you mean. I have had several surgeries in my lifetime and this one is scaring me silly. My surgery is only 1 week awary. I have been an emotional wreck the last few days and start to cry at the drop of a hat. Hang in there, and just keep reminding yourself that the doctors know what they are doing.
Kayla
on 3/5/06 4:16 am - Skinny Land, CA
It's normal to be scared. I am one week post-op-and I am going back to work tomorrow! I drove the kids around at 4 days post-op...everything will be okay.
Tammy M
on 3/5/06 10:44 am - Somers, CT
Of course you're scared Kathy! But it will be okay -it will be done and over with before you know it and you'll be on the path to better health for the rest of your life! Sedation is a wonderful thing...... it will serve you well - if you feel too much anxiety call your doctor maybe they can give you a little something to help calm your nerves??? Best of luck to you!! Best Regards, Tammy Count Down: 2 days! I'm STARVING
P Y T That's me!
on 3/6/06 4:01 am - Some where in, AL
I understand where you are coming from. My surgery is scheduled for March 14th. I too am scared. But I know God is good all the time. I'll be praying for you.
Mama-of-3
on 3/5/06 10:51 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Hi Kathy! Let me just tell you, I am in the same boat as you although my major fear was having that tube put up my nose. ACK! My doctor has assured me that any tubes running out of my nose and throat will be removed before I wake up. Imagine me worrying about tubes in my nose while there are other major concerns out there? HAHA Dont worry! The doctors surely know what they are doing. We are all in great hands so lets just keep positive thoughts going. If you EVER want to chat please email me. I am open to anyone who would even like to phone chat. Anytime. =) Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views