2 days til surgery...

bellastorridus
on 3/4/06 8:51 am - Spring Valley, CA
And I am just cheking in. I'm sure by this time tomorrow, I'll be losing my mind wishing I could just eat something. Major kudos to those of you who have a 2 week liquid pre-op diet. Tonight is my "last meal". Not doing anything really special for it. LOL Its not like I will never eat again...altho the thought has crossed my mind :What if I can't ever have this or that?? LOL The nerves are starting to key up too...but as I get closer and closer to March 7, its almost like this is too good to be true. I'm more afraid that something is going to happen and I won't get my surgery afterall. I'm probably not the only one who feels that way. Anyways, stay the course fellow Marchers! We are all gonna get thru this just fine! And save a seat for me on that loser's bench...cause I am ALMOST there. -Karen
lyly
on 3/4/06 12:36 pm - Plainfield, NJ
Good luck Karen Hoping all goes well. Im happy to say I'll be joining you on the losing side 3/15. Keep us posted. -Lynn
Tamara L.
on 3/4/06 2:24 pm - Winston-Salem, NC
Woo-hoo! I know how you feel when you say that you're afraid that something will happen that you may not get surgery after all. That thought crosses my mind as the day gets closer. I am very excited for you! It will be my turn two weeks after you. I'll be looking for your post to let us know how it goes! Good luck and God bless! Tamara
rowEn
on 3/4/06 10:45 pm - Huntsville, AL
I've pretty much sequestered myself in the house until we leave the night before surgery. I don't want any chance encounters with germs! I might make a quick trip out later to wal-mart to get some new jammies and a robe, since I don't have one of those yet. Today is shake day since tomorrow is mag citrate day. I've heard that not eating a bunch of solid food the day before helps out a bit, so I'm on board with that. 5am on Tuesday can't get here quick enough!!! I almost feel like napping until then, just to make the time go faster!
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/5/06 1:33 am - My Town, NH
Hi everyone. I'm waiting for these two days to pass as well! I keep having this recurring dream that I break my leg and am unable to have surgery! On Monday, I need to go to the airport (2 hours away) and pick up my mother. I keep telling myself to drive so carefully! No accidents please! So far, I'm not too nervous. I shed a few tears as I left my office on Friday. I'm not really sure why. I guess this is an emotional experience and it was a long week of traveling plus trying to finish things up so that I can be gone for three weeks. On the plane Thursday, I sat next to this woman with 4 year-old twins. They both coughed the entire two and a half hour flight! Of course, they are too young to understand the "cover your mouth" concept. All I could think of was, please don't give me your cold! So far so good! Good luck to everyone having surgery on Monday and Tuesday. I hope to be able to post from home on Friday! Stephanie
march-hare
on 3/5/06 5:14 am - Huntersville, NC
God bless I go Monday too! See ya on the other side. Gail
hugabug
on 3/5/06 6:30 am - Saugus, CA
You will be a loser and I too will follow on the 15th. The best of luck to you!!! Shari
sunsets292002
on 3/5/06 11:04 am - calgary, Canada
good luck karen wishing u all the best and see u on the other side , as im soon to follow..my surgery date is march 23, and the nerves have already set in.... good luck :+)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views