March 15th getting closer. Gallstones. Nascoball

hugabug
on 3/3/06 2:39 pm - Saugus, CA
11 days to go and counting. I finished most of my pre-op. they found a hiatel hernia and 2 gallstones. They said both was fine and they could do the surgery. Has anyone had gallstones before surgery and did they remove your gallbladder? They said with the surgery the hiatel hernia wouldn't present any problem. I haven't been sleeping very much, my thoughts are always on the preparation of surgery, getting all my vitamins, supplement etc. Has anyone tried or heard of NASCOBALL? It is the oral nasal spray for B12. I keep thinking before you know it, it will be here. Thanks for your support. Shari
Darlene X
on 3/3/06 9:14 pm - Maricopa, AZ
My surgeon scans for gall stones in the pre-op, and if you show any signs of them it is their common practise to remove your gall bladder. My understanding is that having RNY can cause more problems if you do get stones than if you hadn't had the surgery. They were gonna remove Hubbys but couldnt cause he was so heavy--- so he gets to go in sometime this year to have his removed.
jennb40
on 3/4/06 3:33 am - Nashua, NH
During my pre-op tests they discovered I had gallstones, although I never was bothered by them. My surgeon said while he was in there, he would just "zap" my gallbladder - because you don't want to be bothered by it later. He said some doctors automatically take the gall bladder even if there are no stones, some take it if there is showing gall stones and some leave it if the upper GI showed gallstones, but you are not having problems. But his decision is to take it if there are any gallstones, so mine is coming out a week from Monday during my surgery. They said I also had a small hiatel hernia, but felt like it would go away with the weight loss. So I am excited and ready - to lose weight and my gallbladder!!!! Good luck to you on your surgery. Barbara
hugabug
on 3/4/06 6:33 am - Saugus, CA
Hi Barbara, Thanks for the valuable info. I see my surgeon on Wednesday and find out if is going to take my gall bladder. The doctor who did the endoscopy said there is no problem with the hernia. Probably of the same opinion as yours. I see you are having your surgery two days before me. I will be thinking good thoughts for you. Good luck on your surgery too!! Maybe we could keep in touch and see how we both are doing. Take care, Shari
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views